Windows 10: Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

Discus and support Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use a vive eye pro, and for some reason. I'ts been messing up. First by asking me to 'run a program' or the permission to run it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EmotionalHumanoid, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

Hello, I am trying to use a vive eye pro, and for some reason. I'ts been messing up. First by asking me to 'run a program' or the permission to run it among things. (Mid execution of a thing that already installed). After I fully completed an installation. And second, when I try to uninstall the program it doesn' fully 'forget the settings' it did last time. Which further messed up when I tried to 'uninstall the program' to fix it by reinstalling.

Howe do I remedy having 'full rights' (yes I tried turning UAC off), and yes I tried using folder permissions. But I want something that will help me test eye tracking without windows freaking out that it's kind of virus which it did. I really think it's a permissions thing tripping it. But everytime I switch up windows. e.g. the last one I used was 7, then I jumped to 10, I kind of don't know how to 'Windows'. No I didn't install 10 over 7. I am just trying to clarify that I don't understand how Windows 10 works. Sure I know how to use the interface.. but I don't understand how the permissions and installations have changed from version to version. And since Windows is trying to be a good samaritan by being secure. That sometimes comes at a price. Any advice is appreciated.

*My questions are how do I get full permissions and not be a fake admin if I am the only user of the entire computer.

*Does not verifying your number affect your permissions? As in not authenticating myself with a phone number.

*How do I stop the default antivirus from auto-activating and messing with a program that isn't even a virus.*When I uninstall something how do I make sure it forgot 'everything' beyond program files.

submitted by /u/EmotionalHumanoid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EmotionalHumanoid, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

1. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and... - Similar Threads - Trouble having administrator

2. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  3. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  4. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  5. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  6. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Not Having Permissions as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Having Permissions as administrator: Hello MS Community, I have just made the update to windows 11. ive been an administrator on my computer sense i got the pc. once i made the windows update. even with me still being admin. i cant open harly anything. i continuously get the windows cannot open due to the path,...
  8. Not Having Permissions as administrator

Not Having Permissions as administrator: Hello MS Community, I have just made the update to windows 11. ive been an administrator on my computer sense i got the pc. once i made the windows update. even with me still being admin. i cant open harly anything. i continuously get the windows cannot open due to the path,...
  9. Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.: I’m having troubles understanding the difference between remote desktop on windows vs softwares like team viewer. What is the major difference between them? submitted by /u/In-Hell-Above-Heaven [link] [comments]...
  10. Switching out of S Mode - Trouble with Administrator Permissions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S Mode - Trouble with Administrator Permissions: Hello! So, I have a Stream Windows 10 computer. I am trying to switch out of S Mode. I have followed all of the instructions of going into settings, clicking on update and security, activation, and then the Microsoft Store. I go to the page for Switch out of S Mode, and...