Windows 10: Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

Discus and support Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John_210, Jun 23, 2023.

1. John_210 Win User

Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer installed and trying to clear the older ones. I have attached screen shot of windows printers and scanner settings and print dialog. A quick search sounds like I need to clear out the older drivers but I got lost. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

John_210, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Rashkavar Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Greetings,

I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that stage of the install process.

Not sure it matters, because we know the printers are working fine on other computers, but there is a M1212nf MFP and a P1606dn.

I've inquired with HP via their forums (after giving up on their email submission system) and was referred to this page: HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to what I can do. The lady I'm doing this for is insisting on tracking hours and paying me, and is busy enough that I have to work around her schedule, thus I want to have as many options as possible to try when I'm there on Wednesday.

Rashkavar, Jun 23, 2023
  3. bookfox Win User
    HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Jun 23, 2023
  4. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

Installing Printer Drivers on Win Serv 2003

hp doesn't have any drivers that support Window Server 2003 for my printer a PSC 1420V. Is there anyway I can install the drivers, or install substitute drivers?

Thermopylae_480, Jun 23, 2023
Thema:

Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

1. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers - Similar Threads - Trouble Printer old

2. PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180: Hi, I have windows 11 os on my laptop, my HP printer is old and no longer has support to download the driver, Cannot find solution online or via control panel options...
  3. PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180: Hi, I have windows 11 os on my laptop, my HP printer is old and no longer has support to download the driver, Cannot find solution online or via control panel options...
  4. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  5. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  6. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  7. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  8. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  9. Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer

Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer: Windows 10 x64, HP PSC 1410 The printer works fine using HPLIP on a Ubuntu VM, but on windows, I cant get it to print, only scan. I've tried all I can think of. I've tried using HP's All-In-One installer which ended in a fatal error, using generic drivers that did not...
  10. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...