Windows 10: Trouble with List View in Explorer...

Discus and support Trouble with List View in Explorer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So doc’s, pdf’s, jpg’s, etc’s, are grouped together and still in list view

As soon as I go to view, current view, group by and click on type, it puts them all in columns that go across the screen; where you have to now scroll or enlarge the whole window!

I screen cap if need be, but I can’t imagine I’m the only one to experience this. Let me know if there’s a trick or even a third part app I could use! Thanks in advance!!

submitted by /u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin, Jan 18, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 18, 2021
  4. wpcoe Win User

Trouble with List View in Explorer...

Line spacing in File Explorer List View

It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now.

Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing?

Here's what I see now:

Trouble with List View in Explorer... [​IMG]

wpcoe, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Trouble with List View in Explorer...

1. Trouble with List View in Explorer... - Similar Threads - Trouble List View

2. Browse list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  3. Browse list view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  4. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

in Windows 10 Support
    "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View: It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now. Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing? Here's...
  5. Is there a way to hardcode every Explorer window to open in List View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hardcode every Explorer window to open in List View?: Also, I’m browsing an ftp server in explorer. Every time I open a new folder it opens in Tile View. Is there a reason why list view isn’t sticking because it’s ftp? Yes, I know about ftp clients but I have my reasons. submitted by /u/oxjox [link] [comments]...
  6. Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last column of list view in File Explorer issue: When I double click to open a file in the last column to the right side of the list view in File Explorer, and there are long file names among the list so the last column is not completely in the window, instead of opening the file, it advances to the next column. Then I have...
  7. List view not show

in Windows 10 Support
    List view not show: Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App. 122152
  8. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  9. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...
  10. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271