Windows 10: Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter

Discus and support Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago my OS became corrupted and I had to restore to an earlier point. That worked so well that documents I had created after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sid316, Dec 14, 2017.

1. sid316 Win User

Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter

A couple of weeks ago my OS became corrupted and I had to restore to an earlier point. That worked so well that documents I had created after that point were even saved.
    The only thing that seems to be having trouble is my Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter. When I attempt to connect
    I get the message shown in the attached screen shot saying it is connected, but nothing appears on the TV. I know the Adapter is working properly as I can access it from a different computer.
    I have run a full diagnostic scan from Dell with everything passing and then ran one specifically on the video card which also passed.
    It was suggested to me that I download new video drivers from Dell, which I did, but when I began to install them I received a warning saying the ones I was about to install were older than what is on my computer. That doesn't make any sense to me. I would certainly think Dell itself would have the most up-to-date drivers.
    Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

:)

sid316, Dec 14, 2017

2. Wireless display connection times out very quickly

I have a new Surface Pro 4. I bought the wireless display adapter. I have no trouble connecting to a second display. I do have trouble staying connected. After a minute or so of inactivity, the connection is broken. I cannot find a place to set a time
    out length if there is such a setting.

I have installed ALL the latest updates to the Surface Pro 4 and the wireless adapter. I have installed the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app.

Is there a setting to stop this disconnection from happening?

BigKabloona, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Trouble connecting to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Thank you for your response. I followed all the instructions, and unfortunately the same problem still persists.

When I go to my devices, should there be an option to disconnect the device, or is there only an option to remove the device. If functioning correctly of course ? Because I only have the option to remove the device.

AdamCorby123, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter

1. Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Video Adapter - Similar Threads - Trouble Microsoft Wireless

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Most of our devices are going to Windows 11, and with this change they are revoking our rights to the Microsoft App Store, is there another way to get the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app outside of the Store onto our Windows 11 devices? We are currently unable to...
  3. Microsoft Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless display adapter: When I connect to the wireless display adapter on my windows 10 laptop, the screen starts to become pixelated as anything moves on the display, such as a mouse cursor. When other members of my family connect, they do not run into this issue. I have tried removing, restarting...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello,we recently bought an MS Wireless Display Adapter. At first it worked, I could connect and present my screen on the TV.But now something most have changed, because none of us at our company are able to connect to the adapter. the same in our second office. it worked and...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello,we recently bought an MS Wireless Display Adapter. At first it worked, I could connect and present my screen on the TV.But now something most have changed, because none of us at our company are able to connect to the adapter. the same in our second office. it worked and...
  6. Microsoft wireless HDMI Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wireless HDMI Adapter: Is the following configuration possible: - one laptop - two external monitors each connected with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - desktop extended across all three displays laptop screen, monitor 1, monitor 2I have dell 5320 laptop. I bought two microsoft wireless HDMI...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello! I want to purchase a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Currently I am using the USB ports on my display for my web camera and my headset. I am looking forward to eliminate all cabling between the monitor and laptop. Adding Microsoft Wireless Display adapter can I...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Choppy Video

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Choppy Video: Hello I have just bought the Microsoft Display Adapter V2 and having some issues with the video lagging or being choppy. There are also clear lip sync issues: I am using Surface book 3 and have a 2 Samsung monitors connected. One is connected directly vis Surface Dock and...
  9. microsoft wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft wireless adapter: my Microsoft wireless adapter wont work and wont connect to my controller I have went on settings and under where it says wireless adapter it says driver error does anybody know how to fix this?...
  10. Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Trouble with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: I faced a problem trying to access my Microsoft wireless display adapter. The other laptop in my network can get this access but mine cannot. My laptop has the same drivers as the other one, the Wireless Lan card is also the same. I can see this wireless adapter in the Device...