Windows 10: Trouble with migrating back to Windows

Discus and support Trouble with migrating back to Windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all I made a full switch to Linux recently, deleted windows and made a fresh start. Afterwards, I regretted my decision(mostly for gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kirmizili, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Trouble with migrating back to Windows

Hey all

I made a full switch to Linux recently, deleted windows and made a fresh start.

Afterwards, I regretted my decision(mostly for gaming reasons) and decided to go back to windows. This is where the shit-show began.

When I tried to boot windows from the usb, it wouldn't allow me to install it on the ssd, saying someting along the lines of "Windows must be installed on an NTFS format driver". With the help of google, I formatted the disk to NTFS and tried again, and this time it said "Windows can only be installed on GPT discs". I tried to format the ssd into gbt too, but I've got the "this disc is not formattable" error...

I was able to format my 1tb hdd and install windows there. When I've done that, windows would not recognize the ethernet cable, the second monitor, AND THE SSD. ssd was visible on BIOS, the driver manager, and the device manager but it didn't let me format the ssd.

I have reinstalled Linux PopOs now, and have no idea what to do.

Can anyone help me with this mess?

submitted by /u/kirmizili
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kirmizili, Sep 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 18, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Trouble with migrating back to Windows

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with migrating back to Windows

1. Trouble with migrating back to Windows - Similar Threads - Trouble migrating

2. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  3. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  4. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  5. trouble with my Microsoft surface

trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  6. My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  7. I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account: When I was migrating from a mojang account to a Microsoft account, I forgot the password to my main Microsoft account. Since I was tired, I decided that the best thing that I could do was use one of my family member's accounts. I eventually remembered the password to my main...
  8. I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account

I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account: When I was migrating from a mojang account to a Microsoft account, I forgot the password to my main Microsoft account. Since I was tired, I decided that the best thing that I could do was use one of my family member's accounts. I eventually remembered the password to my main...
  9. Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD: So about a month ago, I migrated my entire hard drive to an SSD, and apparently for the last month, it has been using the hard drive instead of the SSD to do everything. Today I took apart my computer to clean a bunch of parts out and I decided to not plug in my hard drive,...
  10. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble migrating OS to an SSD: So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using Macrium. I get an error when I try to boot from the SSD, after all the copying process. And whatever I try doesn't help. Does...