Windows 10: Trouble with my administrator account

Discus and support Trouble with my administrator account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to log into my account, it says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again but when i click it does... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alyssa67, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Alyssa67 Win User

Trouble with my administrator account

When I try to log into my account, it says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again but when i click it does nothing. I don't know my password because my password hint is moomin and it isn't my microsoft account password because it's not on that account. I don't have any other administrator accounts, so when I try to download something that needs permission, it just tells me to enter my ADMINISTRATOR password.

help

:)

Alyssa67, Nov 17, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 17, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Trouble with my administrator account

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with my administrator account

1. Trouble with my administrator account - Similar Threads - Trouble administrator account

2. Trouble with administrator email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble with administrator email: Hi all,I'm having an issue with the email associated with my local user account on Windows 10. I have had this PC for a while now, and recently my main user account decided to link itself to one of my old email addresses without my permission - I think this may be because I...
  3. Trouble with administrator email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with administrator email: Hi all,I'm having an issue with the email associated with my local user account on Windows 10. I have had this PC for a while now, and recently my main user account decided to link itself to one of my old email addresses without my permission - I think this may be because I...
  4. Trouble with administrator email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting my administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  6. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  7. Account troubles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account troubles: I logged into my pc this morning and realised the name had changed when I went to my account settings I saw that my email had been changed as well, it was my brother's fault. I don't know what he did and neither does he but I made a local account and it says sign in with a...
  8. Account trouble

Account trouble: I had signed in with my microsoft account into my laptop(windows 10),where i had set it as the administrator. Later i signed out and created a local account ,the problem is whenever i access control panel and go to user settings it asks for administrator password for another...
  9. ASP.NET is my administrator account

ASP.NET is my administrator account: by mistake. Win 10 Pro. Now I can't change it because "Access is denied" obviously, from all the other local accounts. I tried running CMD.EXE and accessing PowerShell. I went into Task List & tried to change user permissions & definitions. Access is always denied. Can't...
  10. Who are IT administrators on my account?

Who are IT administrators on my account?: I receive a message stated: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. There should not be any IT activities on my pc?...