Windows 10: Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

Discus and support Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So first time posting here and I’m a recent Mac convert to my Alienware I got about a month ago. I have an old crappy router so I bought a longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xxxooong, May 4, 2020.

1. Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

So first time posting here and I’m a recent Mac convert to my Alienware I got about a month ago. I have an old crappy router so I bought a longer Ethernet cable to connect directly into my laptop. Fiddled with the settings and got the hotspot to work with my switch, but I can’t get a connection with my iPhone. Does anyone know why? Is this an issue with my phone?

submitted by /u/xxxooong
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xxxooong, May 4, 2020

2. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, May 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2020
  4. Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

Cannot Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Hi,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot

1. Trouble with my phone connecting to my mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Trouble phone connecting

2. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  3. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  4. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  5. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  6. Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2: Hello, I got Asus Zenbook 14 with Windows 10 Home Edition 20H2. I cannot connect it to a secure hotspot made by any phone Android, Iphone. Got no problem with connecting to routers 2.4 or 5GHz with the same security WPA-2.I tried:Different phone devices, the same result -...
  7. Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone

Trouble connecting to Hotspot on cell phone: Using Windows 10 on a moderately slow Wi-Fi connection so I often use the Hotspot to connect to the Internet. Sometimes it logs on right away, but often times, like this morning, the Hotspot doesn't show up when I open Network & Internet. I disconnect from the Wi-Fi...
  8. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop: Hi everyone, Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have no internet access, even though I can surf through the net. I've tried to troubleshoot it and it shows me that I have to...
  9. unable to connect hotspot to my phone

unable to connect hotspot to my phone: hi sir, actually there was a problem with my hotspot in windows 10.....I was unable to connect it to my phone . I asked this question yesterday and I have received the answers for that …… one of the sirs told to reset the network connections and I did that. THANK YOU SO MUCH...
  10. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...