Windows 10: Trouble with new keyboard

Discus and support Trouble with new keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, I was given a CM Storm Devastator gaming keyboard and mouse for Christmas. I plugged everything in and my mouse lighted up right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chuck38, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Trouble with new keyboard

Hi folks,

I was given a CM Storm Devastator gaming keyboard and mouse for Christmas.

I plugged everything in and my mouse lighted up right away. however, in order to turn the keyboard lights on I have to press SCR LK. The problem is that when I do that all it does is turn the scroll lock on and off. It does nothing to the keyboard.

So how do I activate the back light?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Chuck

EDIT: It does, however, work with Windows 8.

:)

Chuck38, Dec 25, 2014

2. iPod syncing issue with Windows 10

By the way I checked- and I have full control from the security setting

Trouble with iphone, Dec 25, 2014
  3. iPod syncing issue with Windows 10

I applied the fix you suggested- however after I hit apply and then done- the system would transfer tile and then after I hit done- the system would return to the
    read only setting. Nothing I did would allow the setting to unselect read only?

Trouble with iphone, Dec 25, 2014
  4. Chuck38 Win User

So, for some reason it doesn't play well with Windows 10 but it does work on Windows 8.

I guess it just doesn't support Windows 10. *Sad

Chuck38, Dec 25, 2014
  5. If you're talking about the NumLock and CapsLock lights -- then join the rest of us, who have different keyboards whose lights also do not work under Win10 latest build.

Mark Phelps, Dec 26, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Could it be due to drivers that are not in Win10?? I have the Corsair K40 and the drivers are in Win10 but to get all the colors I have to install software.

Just a thought..
    EDIT: And on my keyboard the button to turn the lights on and off are not in the same place as yours. It's totally separate from the main keyboard.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that?

Chuck38, Dec 26, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that? First I would go to the MFG website to see if they have any drivers for download for that keyboard.
    If that doesn't work then I would check if there this might be an issue with Win8. If so that solution might fix the issue you're having with Win10. Just a thought again.

In the end it could just be the numlock issue that is occurring with the current build of Win10. If you like you can always go to the previous build and test the keyboard to see if it works. The numlock issue was not there.

HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    But a good thought! Is there anyway I could confirm that? First I would go to the MFG website to see if they have any drivers for download for that keyboard.
    If that doesn't work then I would check if there this might be an issue with Win8. If so that solution might fix the issue you're having with Win10. Just a thought again.

In the end it could just be the numlock issue that is occurring with the current build of Win10. If you like you can always go to the previous build and test the keyboard to see if it works. The numlock issue was not there.

HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile Thanks, Jeff! I'll try your suggestions! *Smile

Chuck38, Dec 26, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member

HTH
    Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile Thanks, Jeff! I'll try your suggestions! *Smile Your so welcome. Have a great day!!

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Good chance they don't have them as of yet because Win 10 isn't yet an actual OS (supposedly).

13. BunnyJ New Member

They might have Win8 drivers that should work in Win10. Or I would hope so if they do have drivers.

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  14. Chuck38 Win User
    I thought about that as well, but like Jeff said, there should be some Windows 8 drivers somewhere which would probably work with Windows 10.

Right now I'm trying to get my Windows 8.1 back to the way I like it. Then I'll try your suggestions, Jeff! *Smile

Chuck38, Dec 26, 2014
  15. Berton Win User
    Interesting. I have a Microsoft USB wired-keyboard and Microsoft USB wired-mouse on mine, pressing the NumLock key opens the Calculator. Kinda makes sense as the number pad and calculator go together.

Since Win10 is the only thing on the HDD it must be an OS or the computer shouldn't be running.

Berton, Dec 27, 2014
Thema:

1. Trouble with new keyboard - Similar Threads - Trouble keyboard

2. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  3. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I have an issue with the escape button. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I want to troubleshoot the keyboard but the troubleshoot button is not available under the other troubleshooter options....
  4. Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses: Hello Microsoft community, I'm reaching out due to a series of perplexing and random issues that have been occurring on my laptop. Recently, I've been facing problems with keyboard input where the active typing location intermittently moves backward, disrupting my ability to...
  5. Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses

Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses: Hello Microsoft community, I'm reaching out due to a series of perplexing and random issues that have been occurring on my laptop. Recently, I've been facing problems with keyboard input where the active typing location intermittently moves backward, disrupting my ability to...
  6. Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac: Hello,I am currently experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard; specifically, the Cmd key shortcut does not seem to work as intended on my Mac. Could you please advise if there is a way to fix this issue?Thank you in advance for your help.Jessica...
  7. Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac

Trouble with Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Cmd Shortcut on Mac: Hello,I am currently experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard; specifically, the Cmd key shortcut does not seem to work as intended on my Mac. Could you please advise if there is a way to fix this issue?Thank you in advance for your help.Jessica...
  8. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I am having issues with my 2023 ASUS Zephyrus Duo laptop crashing no BSOD just a reboot and then the built in keyboard no longer working.The first recommended step is to run the Keyboard troubleshooter in "Additional Troubleshooters", however "Keyboard Troubleshooter" is not...
  9. Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keyboard trouble-shooter is missing: I am having issues with my 2023 ASUS Zephyrus Duo laptop crashing no BSOD just a reboot and then the built in keyboard no longer working.The first recommended step is to run the Keyboard troubleshooter in "Additional Troubleshooters", however "Keyboard Troubleshooter" is not...
  10. trouble with keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with keyboard: when i type the letter above a it just types a. any tips or help? no error message and i updated the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-keyboard/826a7e25-b93a-4271-99a0-f2ff82b11dd7