Windows 10: Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze).

Discus and support Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having problem with playing videos on my laptop since a week. When watch movies (any quality), after 2 or 3 minutes the video will freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soorajsm, Aug 15, 2016.

1. soorajsm Win User

Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze).

I have been having problem with playing videos on my laptop since a week. When watch movies (any quality), after 2 or 3 minutes the video will freeze frames and if I move my mouse it gets okay for the next couple of minutes. This happens every time unless I use GOM player. GOM works nice without any trouble. Lately I saw that in game videos are also showing the same thing. My Laptop is Dell Inspirion 3542, 8GB, NVIDIA 820M (updated drivers) Please help.

:)

soorajsm, Aug 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 media player won't play mpg video files

A screenshot is not really necessary as it is just WMP totally black because the video doesn't play, only the audio plays correctly.

• I have been experiencing the issue ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago. Prior to that I was using Vista and an older version of WMP.
    • The only trouble shooting I have done was looking for a workaround. The research I have conducted shows that this is a known problem in Windows 10.
    • No error messages. The audio plays, but no video. Most of the time it just freezes on the first frame but the audio keeps playing.

BrianKraft, Aug 15, 2016
  3. N97 v2.1 firmware introduces video playback bug

*NEW* with the v2.1 firmware....try playing a video.

The video display will FREEZE at 10:00 minutes, but the audio will go on.

You can introduce the bug by trying to "jump" to a position that is beyond 10:00 minutes in the video...it will freeze on the last displayed frame.

You'd think that Nokia could fix bugs without introducing new ones!

rdcinhou---01, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze).

1. Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze). - Similar Threads - Trouble playing videos

2. Videos playing low resolution/low frames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos playing low resolution/low frames: Currently having an issue with videos being previewed when i open them on my desktop. This has been happening since before the most recent windows update. 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219THE ISSUE: Horrible lag, frame...
  3. Videos playing low resolution/low frames

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos playing low resolution/low frames: Currently having an issue with videos being previewed when i open them on my desktop. This has been happening since before the most recent windows update. 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219THE ISSUE: Horrible lag, frame...
  4. How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to play a video frame by frame in the default Movies & TV video player?: Is the only way to watch a video frame by frame to click "create photo from video" wait for it to load, then go through it frame by frame? There has to be an easier way right? submitted by /u/MerlinTheWhite [link] [comments]...
  5. play video beginning often drop frame

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    play video beginning often drop frame: GPUGT130mthe beginning 1s often drop framereplay didn't https://youtu.be/G60q05fMhG4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video-beginning-often-drop-frame/439361c1-6426-41bf-a2c9-b2e7832fa5ae
  6. MS Video Editor for Windows 10 - Video skipping frames

MS Video Editor for Windows 10 - Video skipping frames: I've created several videos in MS Video Editor from footage shot with my android phone. They've all turned out great until now. Now, video footage that plays fine in Window Media Player or "Movies and TV" becomes choppy and skips frames after editing it in "Video Editor"....
  7. Trouble playing video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble playing video: So I uploaded a video from my phone samsung galaxy s9, and the screen is black, and only the audio plays. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-playing-video/e4270309-d5e3-4baf-baa4-1aebaadb602f"
  8. Frame Drops and Freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frame Drops and Freezes: I have been trying to troubleshoot this for too long.Dropping lots of frames in Chrome but Edge also.Chrome leads to buzzing and restarts.I have tried every solution and none of them help.Any info on this would be helpful but please no suggestions.I am on 1809 Home....
  9. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing: Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up. Undefined Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err Failed to execute appendBuffer or SourceBuffer: The HTML MediaElement. error is not null. Any clue what I should do....
  10. Windows 10 freezing when playing videos

Windows 10 freezing when playing videos: Few weeks ago I noticed that my laptop completely freezes when playing videos. This first happened with playing YouTube videos (no matter which quality), and then I realized that Win.10 freezes when I'm playing downloaded videos as well as videos on other internet pages. I...