Windows 10: Trouble with powering up computer

Discus and support Trouble with powering up computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There was a bit of a storm going on at the time of this post where I live, so I did a full shutdown, turned off the power strip and unplugged the strip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrokenDaily, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Trouble with powering up computer

There was a bit of a storm going on at the time of this post where I live, so I did a full shutdown, turned off the power strip and unplugged the strip from the wall; it calmed down, so I plugged everything back in, and expected no problems powering up (never had any except one particular moment that needed a motherboard replacement, but that was for my last computer), but the computer's power icon kept flashing amber in a steady beat, with a beep sound every 3 seconds, solved it by forcing a shutdown then pressing the button under the power supply indicator light.

looking at here and here, im at a bit of a loss, but does this mean there's a problem with the PSU unit in my computer? would like help in understanding this so I don't need to over-worry about it

:)

BrokenDaily, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2018
  3. internal power error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter and restart the system to check if that helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

If the issues persist I would suggest you to follow the second method.

Method 2: Create a new power plan.

• Go to search box.

• Type power option in search box.

• Tap or click Create a power plan and follow the instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Trouble with powering up computer

No power at usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

"I have checked and followed the instructions in Device Manager, Trouble shooting , settings, update driver and audio within the computer

Also various links within this forum with no success"

What troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check:

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If you think that it is the power that is causing this, run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Trouble with powering up computer

1. Trouble with powering up computer - Similar Threads - Trouble powering computer

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. Power outage messed up computer??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power outage messed up computer??: After a power outage, my computer has been slow and boots slow. I ran chkdsk and sfc/scannow and restored my computer, and it’s still running slowly. is my hardware messed up ? what could i do to fix this ? submitted by /u/matthewscz [link] [comments]...
  5. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  6. Out of 15 Computers connected to ups, one computer not turning on with ups power but...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Out of 15 Computers connected to ups, one computer not turning on with ups power but...: I have 10 KVA UPS and 15 computers are connected to it. Suddenly one system not turning on. I have tried by changing power cables and also connected to the ports where others systems are working but it doesnt turn on. On trail basis i connected the computer to mains power,...
  7. Powering Up New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Powering Up New Computer: I have my new machine now and am about to hit the power on button. Have looked at a few out.of.the.box start/setup vids. Looks to me there is a choice to create an account or to use a MS account. What is recommended or the pro/cons? -thx 167004
  8. Computer trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer trouble: So my computer is small and doesn’t have a lot of space. Due to Windows took up all my space and even when I’ve run disk cleans and everything nothing is working. Why is windows taking up all my space? I have portable space can I transfer things there so they windows isn’t...
  9. trouble starting up

trouble starting up: I'm having trouble with my computer starting up.. I have to turn it on and off several times before it starts up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-starting-up/e0cbe74b-f214-4458-a6e0-00500644a02a
  10. Trouble Waking Up?

Trouble Waking Up?: I have a laptop that I use for work, and I normally just do my work, and when I'm done I just leave it on and shut the lid. I've always done this as there are multiple times I am working on a few things and I just don't want to spend the time saving everything and shutting...