Windows 10: Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

Discus and support Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry my res is right but it takes longer to move in any direction and doing old mouse fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carmilla_king, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

my res is right but it takes longer to move in any direction and doing old mouse fixes I can deduce its not a mouse driver but something surrounding the gpu I'm guessing. it does this with a old Insigna TV NS _19E310A12 Rev A my main monitor/tv and a ultra wide screen monitor I don't know the brand at first it was now matter what resolution it is it would always be 800x600 blown up to scale to the set res. but now its 1360x768 the right resolution kinda because that's were the where scaling issue happens. I use a AMD RX 480 but tested a Nvidia gpu and it does the same weird stretch its now doing. It looks scaled in closer than it should be but I'm not sure at this point because it seems to change whenever it wants. I've done Windows defender full day long scans along with Malwarebytes ones nothing I've used SFC/scannow, chkdsk r/f, unplugged the HDMI from the tv and pc waited plugged it in the pc 1st and vice versa, another HDMI same problem, went into AMD Radeon Software there's no HDMI scaling ive tried gpu scaling, virtual res did all options nothing, windows update nothing, opt drivers nothing rollback nothing updating AMD software nope the TVs scaling option is off. I can't really use my pc for Fps atm because to turn left I half to move my mouse all the way to left/right/up/down of my mouse pad instead of a little to the middle. my mouse drivers are fine and the mouse settings are the same they've always been. ive down the turn everything off and restart thing nothing. ive tried ignoring it but its affects everything from gaming to just using the pc. If I change the res to 1366x768 it swaps to 1440x900.

right now its set to 1360x 768 but its displaying 1400x900 with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen

:)

Carmilla_king, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Hexodus Win User

Windows 10 Font blurry 125% scaling

This is a window10 scaling method problem. There is a step by step manual on Lifehacker using a tool that allows you to switch to win8.1 scaling method. This worked fine for me.

Lifehacker Hot To Fix Blurry Fonts

Hexodus, Mar 14, 2021
  3. xerces8 Win User
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry.

I did a clean install, version is 1909.

My monitors are:
    1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150%
    2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125%
    3: 1920x1200 , scaling: 100% (this one is marked as "main display")

On monitor 3 many apps are blurry, see screenshot:

Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry [​IMG]

As it can be seen, Explorer is all blurry, notepad is OK and Device Manage has normal window name, but the rest of it is blurry.

I did some googleing and found that the only way to make it non blurry is to have the same scaling on all monitors. Is that true? Or is there a way to make it good with different DPI on different monitor (because they actually have different DPI and with same scaling some would either show everything too tiny or too big).

xerces8, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

The problem isn't with the monitor that's scaled, but rather with the ones that "aren't". The 150% scaling actually looks pretty good - I don't have any complaints. Legacy apps are a bit blurry, but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting was
    the severe blurriness of all "scaling-aware" apps on monitors that, by all rights, shouldn't be doing any scaling.

So:

UHD Monitor - 150% Scaling - Everything good.

HD Monitor - 100% Scaling - Everything blurry.

I don't understand why that is. Again, I would expect *no* scaling artifacts on a monitor that effectively has scaling turned off.

Belisarius2501, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

1. Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry - Similar Threads - Trouble scaling thats

2. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  5. Scaled PDF's in OneNote blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaled PDF's in OneNote blurry: I'm using OneNote for Windows 11 and when I insert a PDF into OneNote and zoom in to read the small text everything is too blurry to read. The originating PDF is vector therefore it is scalable and the text is legible. The blurry text appears in OneNote.Is there a setting for...
  6. Scaled PDF's in OneNote blurry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaled PDF's in OneNote blurry: I'm using OneNote for Windows 11 and when I insert a PDF into OneNote and zoom in to read the small text everything is too blurry to read. The originating PDF is vector therefore it is scalable and the text is legible. The blurry text appears in OneNote.Is there a setting for...
  7. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  8. Mouse sensitivity messed up if display scale is not 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse sensitivity messed up if display scale is not 100%: I'm using a 3840x2160 monitor, with display scale set to 200%. My mouse sensitivity become twice faster as before compare to 100% scaling. I simply check some settings, and I found that if I set display scale to 100%, my mouse speed was normal as before. I found that...
  9. Multimonitor scaled text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry: Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean install, version is 1909. My monitors are: 1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150% 2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125% 3: 1920x1200 , scaling:...
  10. Kaspersky icon is Blurry on 125% Scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kaspersky icon is Blurry on 125% Scale: Hello, So I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (latest update) on my system running Windows 10 X64. I always change my Monitor Scale to 125% , after the scaling the icon looks awful. But when Kaspersky is scanning something (animation icon) - the icon looks...