Windows 10: Trouble with scrolling

Discus and support Trouble with scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did the latest windows 10 update. Since then I have had nothing but trouble scrolling. It doesn`t matter what I do in settings. I scroll with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CindyPainter, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Trouble with scrolling

I just did the latest windows 10 update. Since then I have had nothing but trouble scrolling. It doesn`t matter what I do in settings. I scroll with the bar or the touch pad and it just takes off and won`t stop until I click 3 or 4 times. I am really annoyed and this is pushing me another step closer to switching to a Mac.

I am not the most tech savvy either so I need the easiest instruction possible.

I would really appreciate any help you can give.

:)

CindyPainter, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Trouble with scrolling

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with scrolling

1. Trouble with scrolling - Similar Threads - Trouble scrolling

2. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  3. trouble with my Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with my Microsoft surface: hello there, i am having trouble with my Microsoft surface. Whenever i put full screen on any platform Netflix, prime the video will freeze. I've been resetting it, however, that only fixes the issue for a few hours before it goes back to normal. Please help me fix this...
  4. My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  5. My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

My HP Envy x360 has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  6. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  7. My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.

My HP laptop has trouble turning on whenever it is shut down.: The screen is completely blank, but the power button is on and the caps lock is flashing as well—3 long, 5 short. It usually takes a long pattern of turning it off and turning it on for it to work. The second time this happened, I got an error saying "CMOS checksum is...
  8. I'm having trouble scrolling down anything related to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble scrolling down anything related to windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ymed42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htz1zv/im_having_trouble_scrolling_down_anything_related/
  9. Trouble scrolling.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble scrolling.: When I try to scroll with my mouse wheel, it scrolls a few lines, stops, scrolls up a click, rinse and repeat. Scrolling is now very frustrating for me, and I've restarted my computer, unplugged my mouse, used a different mouse, and nothing worked. Essentially, for some...
  10. Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.: Since the long lengthy update of Microsoft, I have had trouble playing games on different sites (hesitates when making moves) and also scrolling when reading articles. How can this be corrected???...