Windows 10: Trouble with sound in apps

Discus and support Trouble with sound in apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear people who are smarter than me. Recently my sound has quit and I can't find out why. I have tried some stuff with reinstalling the soundsystem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Boc, Dec 10, 2019.

1. BOC
    Boc Win User

Trouble with sound in apps

Dear people who are smarter than me.

Recently my sound has quit and I can't find out why. I have tried some stuff with reinstalling the soundsystem but that didnt do the trick. The weird thing is that the sound in my browser does work, but in-appsounds don't. So if I open spotify on my laptop it will play but I can't hear anything, neither when I plug in headphones. but in browser, the sound for spotify does work. Same goes for Netflix and Popcorn time.

I am running windows 10, I appreciate your efforts in advance!

Is there anyone who has a solution for me?

:)

2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Trouble with sound in apps :p

cadaveca, Dec 10, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Trouble with sound in apps

sound trouble

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Restore drivers to default.

• In taskbar, on system tray right click on volume icon.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under playback tab. Click on Speaker/Headphone.
    • Click on Properties tab.
    • Go to Advance tab.
    • Click on Restore to default.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the troubleshooter and check.

Method 2: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with sound in apps

1. Trouble with sound in apps - Similar Threads - Trouble sound apps

2. Frequent sound trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent sound trouble: I don't understand what the heck is wrong with my HP computer. My sound has been constantly going on and off. By this, I mean that when my sound is on, obviously, the speakers/headphones, and line-in are connected. When my sound goes off, for whatever reason, my...
  3. Browser and app trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser and app trouble: So I have my Microsoft and windows accounts linked, I dropped my laptop a few weeks ago and not sure what happened but now the browsers and app screens all look as if the text is always highlighted along with the pictures. Im attaching photos along with this. I've always...
  4. Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Trouble With Elitedesk 800 G5: Hi. We have just bought a HP Eliteone 800 G5 Desktop Mini. When it was first connected up used we had no trouble with it at all. The next day we turned it on there was the sound coming from the desktop. This never happened the first day. With the sound coming from the desktop...
  5. Trouble starting apps

Trouble starting apps: I've been having trouble starting apps the last couple of weeks and need some advice on why this is and how to fix it. For example, Thunderbird is almost impossible to get started and no technique works consistently. Sometimes it finally launches if I click the icon a bunch...
  6. Trouble with a certain app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with a certain app: I can't find it, but a certain app is opening different sites by itself, whether I've opened my browser or not. My antivirus is blocking those websites though. I uninstalled the apps that were installed recently, but the problem persist. What can I do? Consider me a noob....
  7. Headset sound trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset sound trouble: How can I be able to hear myself in my Arctis 5 headset when I speak. I have Win 10 64 bit ver 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-sound-trouble/2fa84881-5fe4-4213-93fe-effa9f403172
  8. trouble with headphone sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble with headphone sound: When i connect the headphone to laptop i can hear the sounds but the mush sound exist with it. i update sound driver and it fix , but after restart laptop the mush sound come back. i tried troubleshooting app , but it doesn't work....
  9. trouble with Instagram app

trouble with Instagram app: I have had Instagram installed on my laptop windows 10 for over a year. Today it was not working properly. I decided to do a restart, and there was an update. The update caused black screen. Eventually I was able to resolve that. Instagram still would not work. I decided to...
  10. trouble with sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    trouble with sound in Windows 10: the troubleshooter for sound could not identify the problem although I have no sound. I reinstall Windows 10 32 bit and the sound was restored but once I signed out, the sound disappears and it comes back if I restart the computer. I ran the sfc /scannow and...