Windows 10: Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a new HP desktop that has an SSD drive. The OS is on that drive and as I set everything up, I put my programs on this same SSD. Works like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MissKathy, Jul 2, 2020.

1. MissKathy Win User

Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer

I purchased a new HP desktop that has an SSD drive. The OS is on that drive and as I set everything up, I put my programs on this same SSD. Works like a charm. I added an internal regular 1Tb hard drive which is where I am storing all my files - documents, music, pictures, videos. So many folders are showing up as read only. Some photos are saying "this photo came from another computer and may be blocked. It's so frustrating to have this much trouble accessing my files on this drive. Is there some way to make ALL my folders and files easily accessible to me? Not read only. Not blocked. I tried changing some folders to take read only away - but it doesn't stick. I go back and it says read only again. I don't get it and I need HELP!

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

:)

MissKathy, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2020
  3. 333t Win User
    How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer

1. Trouble with storage drive on new Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Trouble storage drive

2. I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive: I bought a nvme 2tb hard drive to not only add more space but to have a faster OS bc my original pc was prebuilt and the OS was on a hard drive. I went through the prosses, first installing the windows media helper thing onto a USB stick and then unplugging all my drives...
  3. I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive: I bought a nvme 2tb hard drive to not only add more space but to have a faster OS bc my original pc was prebuilt and the OS was on a hard drive. I went through the prosses, first installing the windows media helper thing onto a USB stick and then unplugging all my drives...
  4. Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer: I have a Mediasonic 4-bay USB Drive enclosure that holds 4 x 4TB Seagate Drives. I have configured them to create a Storage Spaces pool with my Windows 11 computer. This pool is 14.5TB in size and I am using 8.48TB of it currently. When the Drives enclosure is connected to...
  5. Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer: I have a Mediasonic 4-bay USB Drive enclosure that holds 4 x 4TB Seagate Drives. I have configured them to create a Storage Spaces pool with my Windows 11 computer. This pool is 14.5TB in size and I am using 8.48TB of it currently. When the Drives enclosure is connected to...
  6. New computer storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer storage: I bought a new laptop for gaming a few days ago and when I checked the storage, more than half of it was already used. When I checked to see what was taking up al l of my storage it was the system files. So I compressed my whole drive and it saved a lot of space. But when I...
  7. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Adding New Hard Drive: I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing. I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also...
  8. New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New hard drive and Windows 10 trouble install: My 3 year old HP laptop hard drive failed. Bought a new SSD and installed. Created a Windows 10 usb boot instal flash drive. Laptop booted to flash drive and appears to install Windows 10. Laptop reboots after install and i get Cortana asking me my Region and keyboard...
  9. Storage Space drives not usable by new Windows 10 Pro installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space drives not usable by new Windows 10 Pro installation: Struggling to find a solution beside formatting the drives and rebuilding the array. I've installed an SSD in my Plex server. The old Windows 10 setup included a Storage Spaces array. Thew new Win10 setup doesn't acknowledge the array or the drives. UEFI sees the drives, but...
  10. Storage Spaces Trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Trouble: I was performing a removal of an HDD using the storage spaces feature (because it had the yellow exclamation) and the computer then went into sleep/hibernate mode and when I noticed I started the computer back up and then it showed that the Storage Space was offline. At...