Windows 10: Trouble with the Windows store ?

Discus and support Trouble with the Windows store ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll try to make this as short as possible. After either the anniversary update or the one after that, my touchpad software stopped working/was deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by indianacarnie, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Trouble with the Windows store ?

I'll try to make this as short as possible. After either the anniversary update or the one after that, my touchpad software stopped working/was deleted and would not reinstall. I cannot work with the touchpad on and without the Dell software it won't turn off. I tried services, tried deleting the drivers (windows wouldn't let me) , in frustration I downgraded back to Win7. Well, haha, I like Win10 way too much to go back now, so I upgraded again. To an older version of 10 that let me keep the Dell touchpad software. (Version 1607 build 14393.0) I disabled Windows Update (in services) to keep the Dell software. All's well ........ as far as the touchpad is concerned.

Now for my problem. I play a game (bought through the windows store) BTD5. It has in-game purchases. Two/three days ago I went to buy a "Pile O Monkey Money" as I have several times before. "Unknown Error" is all I am getting. Fast too. I mean as soon as I click the button, "Unknown Error" pop's up with no other explanation or details. Could WU being disabled have anything to do with this? NinjaKiwi (the games publisher) , has no clue as to what's going on.

So, any thoughts, suggestions anyone? If I HAVE to turn WU back on for this to be rectified is there any way to turn this &@^%#$(*@%! touchpad off? I mean that Windows will let me do?

My machine is an older Dell Inspiron 17R N7110. I know this doesn't match my listed spec.'s but they are for my stolen machine and I just can't bring myself to change them yet *Redface.

:)

indianacarnie, Oct 30, 2016

2. trouble with access to the store

I cant access the windows store, I keep getting a service unavailable at the moment, try again later message. I have signed in with my Microsoft account. I cant even set up a Nokia account for the same reason, and I do have full internet service.

mamounsharief, Oct 30, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    trouble with access to the store

Sync your MS account from the phone and try the store again. You cannot set up a Nokia account because this service was discontinued in April 2015 and is no longer available.

93tid, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Trouble with the Windows store ?

I recently had the same problem with an Elantech touchpad not working on my Acer Aspire laptop. Installing Intel IO Serial drivers from Acer would solve the problem, until I ran an 'in place install' of Win10, to try to get Cortana and metro apps working again (which didn't work, even after several tries).
    I finally changed the BIOS touchpad settings from 'Advanced' to 'Basic', which works! I also downloaded and installed the Elantech drivers from the Acer website, which allows me to set all the advanced options for the touchpad, such as two-finger scrolling, zooming, etc., that no longer show up in the Windows mouse/touchpad settings. Hope this helps.

rstrub1955, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

Trouble with the Windows store ?

1. Trouble with the Windows store ? - Similar Threads - Trouble store

2. I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading...: I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading the game I click play and nothing happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-purchased-ark-survival-evolved-on-the/c29e3495-9341-44ef-91e8-6028cf8e8c14
  3. I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading...: I have purchased ark survival evolved on the Microsoft store and I'm having trouble loading the game I click play and nothing happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-purchased-ark-survival-evolved-on-the/c29e3495-9341-44ef-91e8-6028cf8e8c14
  4. How do I install the Microsoft store app? I just went to the trouble of reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the Microsoft store app? I just went to the trouble of reinstalling...: My Dell desktop device was purchased just over a year ago and has generally been OK, but I recently went to install an app from the Microsoft store online. It would not install and I found it was trying to use the Microsoft store app, but this I have determined that this is...
  5. How do I install the Microsoft store app? I just went to the trouble of reinstalling...

How do I install the Microsoft store app? I just went to the trouble of reinstalling...: My Dell desktop device was purchased just over a year ago and has generally been OK, but I recently went to install an app from the Microsoft store online. It would not install and I found it was trying to use the Microsoft store app, but this I have determined that this is...
  6. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store: Hello everyone, I recently needed to install Microsoft Whiteboard for work, however I need to get it through Store, which my PC doesn't have. This PC has a window reset done once by a local computer shop, and i havent been needing to use Microsoft Store until now. It doesn't...
  7. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store: Hello everyone, I recently needed to install Microsoft Whiteboard for work, however I need to get it through Store, which my PC doesn't have. This PC has a window reset done once by a local computer shop, and i havent been needing to use Microsoft Store until now. It doesn't...
  8. Trouble reinstalling Microsoft Store

9. hi i am having trouble with roblox the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i am having trouble with roblox the microsoft store: version so every time i press shift Lock my fps drops then returns to normal again if i press it to many times it just freeze the screen and if i stop pressing it its back to normal my specs are : intel core i5 8gb ram windows 11 pro...
  10. hi i am having trouble with roblox the microsoft store

hi i am having trouble with roblox the microsoft store: version so every time i press shift Lock my fps drops then returns to normal again if i press it to many times it just freeze the screen and if i stop pressing it its back to normal my specs are : intel core i5 8gb ram windows 11 pro...