Windows 10: Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup

Discus and support Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Lately, when I boot up my computer, it seems not to know which account (or whatever) to use. I have to select the proper account, and it gets really... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by changeling616, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup

Lately, when I boot up my computer, it seems not to know which account (or whatever) to use. I have to select the proper account, and it gets really annoying.

In the edited photo I attached, you can see that the system seems to be picking the lower of the second two accounts shown in the lower left. That is is not the one I want. I end up having to select the top one on the lower left (with the picture of the calling frog), and then entering a password.

I used to have it so it always picked the one with the calling frog. How do I make it do that again?

:)

changeling616, Sep 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile isn't picking up Outlook.com account

I upgraded my husband's Lumia 640 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile. His Outlook.com account isn't listed in Accounts under Settings in People and Calendar. I've been through all the steps to add an account, but the Outlook.com account still isn't
    listed. Can anyone suggest a workaround for this problem?

Moved from Mobile Devices

LynneBonner, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup :(

Zakin, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup

1. Trouble with Windows picking the right account (or whatever) on bootup - Similar Threads - Trouble picking right

2. Moving the screen over to the right in bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving the screen over to the right in bootup: Hi,I need to move the screen over to the right to see the full lines of text during bootup by using the keyboard. I am running Windows 10 Pro.A few years ago I am sure I was able to do it but I have tried numerous combinations using the keys.Please advise if I can do it.Deric...
  3. Moving the screen over to the right in bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the screen over to the right in bootup: Hi,I need to move the screen over to the right to see the full lines of text during bootup by using the keyboard. I am running Windows 10 Pro.A few years ago I am sure I was able to do it but I have tried numerous combinations using the keys.Please advise if I can do it.Deric...
  4. Moving the screen over to the right in bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whatever that is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whatever that is: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6hgmn/whatever_that_is/
  6. Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup: Please read in full. I am not sure which update it was but I know I have done atleast 2 since this started happening. On a cold boot (computer off for min 3 mins) Windows gets to the Logo screen but no spinning loading circle, I have let it sit there for 2 hours with no...
  7. Account troubles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account troubles: I logged into my pc this morning and realised the name had changed when I went to my account settings I saw that my email had been changed as well, it was my brother's fault. I don't know what he did and neither does he but I made a local account and it says sign in with a...
  8. Account trouble

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account trouble: I had signed in with my microsoft account into my laptop(windows 10),where i had set it as the administrator. Later i signed out and created a local account ,the problem is whenever i access control panel and go to user settings it asks for administrator password for another...
  9. User Account on Bootup of Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account on Bootup of Computer: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My wife and I use the same computer at home and each have a user account. On Windows 7, when the computer started, the first screen we would see is both user accounts and select the appropriate one. Windows 10 (as many of you...
  10. How to pick the "right" Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to pick the "right" Windows Recovery: Hi everybody, I have Windows 10 v.1703 Creators, but when I start Windows Recovery (Restart+shift key) and open the command prompt, I get a There are no administrators message. If I create a Recovery USB Drive (with recoverydrive.exe on the same system), boot from it...