Windows 10: Trouble with Word

Discus and support Trouble with Word in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have window 365 and Office 10 on my computer. Since the last update (which happens automatically or I wouldn't have them) my word program is giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatriciaHaakonson, May 22, 2019.

1. Trouble with Word

I have window 365 and Office 10 on my computer. Since the last update (which happens automatically or I wouldn't have them) my word program is giving me tons of grief. I often put photos in my document. Like to move them around and see how the document looks. Since the latest update, nothing is working as it should. On my computer and even in the print preview the photos and script are all over the place. I cannot see page breaks, I cannot see margins,....it is a nightmare. then if I print, even though I think it looks AWFUL...the print version is very different that the version I see. So from there I play with the version on my screen - blindly - and print and print and print til I get something that works.

Can I uninstall the lastest version?

Yesterday I took 45 minutes to get a document printed that 2 weeks ago would have taken 3 minutes. I do not have this kind of time.

Any help would be appreciated. Please reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

PatriciaHaakonson, May 22, 2019

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 22, 2019
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 22, 2019
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble with Word

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with Word

1. Trouble with Word - Similar Threads - Trouble Word

2. Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.: I had my Word Docs pinned on my task bar, and now none of my docs are opening up. I can't even open a blank doc. Also tried to open Excel, and the same thing happens. No response....
  3. Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.: I had my Word Docs pinned on my task bar, and now none of my docs are opening up. I can't even open a blank doc. Also tried to open Excel, and the same thing happens. No response....
  4. Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi, I am having trouble opening any kind of text, doc files including word docs etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I am having trouble opening any kind of text, doc files including word docs etc.: The system can not open any kind of text files including web word documents. I tried to delete and reinstall notepad/ wordpad in the optional features setting but it says install failed. Also I tried to reset this pc, I can only download the system from local drives...
  6. Hi, I am having trouble opening any kind of text, doc files including word docs etc.

Hi, I am having trouble opening any kind of text, doc files including word docs etc.: The system can not open any kind of text files including web word documents. I tried to delete and reinstall notepad/ wordpad in the optional features setting but it says install failed. Also I tried to reset this pc, I can only download the system from local drives...
  7. Blue screen start-up, Trouble shooting options require pass word, but won't accept my PW....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen start-up, Trouble shooting options require pass word, but won't accept my PW....: Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop PC . Display opens with "Your devise has a problem and needs to restart" Screen Immediately goes into repair mode. I go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair. Prompt asks for PW, but will not accept my PW. I tried my log in PW and my...
  8. Blue screen start-up, Trouble shooting options require pass word, but won't accept my PW....

Blue screen start-up, Trouble shooting options require pass word, but won't accept my PW....: Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop PC . Display opens with "Your devise has a problem and needs to restart" Screen Immediately goes into repair mode. I go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair. Prompt asks for PW, but will not accept my PW. I tried my log in PW and my...
  9. Blue screen start-up, Trouble shooting options require pass word, but won't accept my PW....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. I am having trouble installing words with friends. Wheels just keep spinning

I am having trouble installing words with friends. Wheels just keep spinning: I am having trouble installing words with friends. THe "wheels" just keep spinning Also I can't get to the games app. I was briefly on it, played majong once and then couldn't get any other games to work...