Windows 10: Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...

Discus and support Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to settings I click on a option and a white box around the option appears not letting me to choose it or go in the option it moves by it self... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FamBonilla, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...

When I go to settings I click on a option and a white box around the option appears not letting me to choose it or go in the option it moves by it self and does not let me use the search bar in the settings. when I press tab button to move between options it does not move to the next one instead it move alone to the last one. When when I connect a usb controller Microsoft afterglow Xbox to play ROBLOX it wont let me jump and the white box is in the settings of the game and moves from option to option. This did not happen at first when i bought the computer a month ago. I did a computer reset and it still have the problem.

:)

FamBonilla, Nov 21, 2020

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...

Usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hello Raj,

We understand your concern in this regard.

As I explained in my earlier response, the problem might be with the incompatible drivers or might be device compatibility on Windows 10. Suggest you to check if any yellow exclamation mark appears against the USB controllers. Press Windows logo key+ X,
    select Device Manager from the list. Spot and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Now see if you find any instance for connected Mouse or Keyboard or Card reader appears there. Double click on it to see the device working status.

Use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, and then click Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Meanwhile go to computer manufacturer website and try to install chipset drivers. You can search them using device model number. Please refer the suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa from this link:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...

1. Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me... - Similar Threads - Troubles keyboard mouse

2. it wont let me unenroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it wont let me unenroll: i went in to the insider program and i want to leave but the option is greyed and I don't want to do a clean install I'm in beta and want to get out of insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-unenroll/9a98142b-1c0f-49e7-9280-2c1833225e10
  3. it wont let me unenroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it wont let me unenroll: i went in to the insider program and i want to leave but the option is greyed and I don't want to do a clean install I'm in beta and want to get out of insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-unenroll/9a98142b-1c0f-49e7-9280-2c1833225e10
  4. Mouse arrow wont move

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse arrow wont move: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedditNerd360 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqmrgu/mouse_arrow_wont_move/
  5. Trouble with a USB flash drive Windows won't let me into

Trouble with a USB flash drive Windows won't let me into: I was using the utility Rufus to format and install a version of Linux to a USB thumb drive to install on an old laptop. Well I noticed about 1/2 through the rufus procedure it had an error and stopped. Now I can't get into the drive at all. Windows does assign it a letter...
  6. It wont let me log in

It wont let me log in: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamingNightFTW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxrsbk/it_wont_let_me_log_in/
  7. It wont let me login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It wont let me login: I would really appreciate helping me, I cant login Microsoft store and I cant open Microsoft word[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-login/f7a1c220-4520-4a6c-b553-9b4192f679cc
  8. Search gives me a white box

in Cortana
    Search gives me a white box: When I try to type something into the search box a white screen appears. The circle goes around but nothing changes. Any ideas would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-gives-me-a-white-box/b39f8830-30d8-431e-ab42-8a1ea0cef0b6"
  9. Windows 10 wont let me open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wont let me open settings: Whenever i try and open the settings app for windows 10 it opens briefly and then closes down. Is there a fix for this? as ive tried creating a new account through the command panel and it didn't work...
  10. won't let me open Settings or control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    won't let me open Settings or control panel: Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system admin" when I am the admin and I have not put any restrictions...