Windows 10: Troubles installing game

Discus and support Troubles installing game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I decided to pick up Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition for PC, and upon trying to download, it gets stuck at 2%, no matter what I do. I've tried resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by havenjaede, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Troubles installing game

I decided to pick up Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition for PC, and upon trying to download, it gets stuck at 2%, no matter what I do. I've tried resetting Xbox and Microsoft Store apps, as well as gaming services. Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but Gaming Services is no longer in programs list, and I can't seem to complete the new update that showed up for it I keep getting an error message 0x80073CF9I've been installing games via the Xbox app, recently, so I'm not sure why I am suddenly having issues.

:)

havenjaede, Jan 27, 2022

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jan 27, 2022
  4. niko084 Win User

Troubles installing game

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Troubles installing game

1. Troubles installing game - Similar Threads - Troubles installing game

2. Troubles installing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles installing game: I decided to pick up Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition for PC, and upon trying to download, it gets stuck at 2%, no matter what I do. I've tried resetting Xbox and Microsoft Store apps, as well as gaming services. Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but Gaming Services is no longer...
  3. Troubles installing game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Troubles installing game: I decided to pick up Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition for PC, and upon trying to download, it gets stuck at 2%, no matter what I do. I've tried resetting Xbox and Microsoft Store apps, as well as gaming services. Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but Gaming Services is no longer...
  4. Trouble installing epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble installing epic games launcher: I recently wanted to play Rocket League, so I went and got the game on the Epic store and went to download the launcher for epic games. When I tried to install it the first time, I was having so really weird issues of it not loading. Now when I try to install it, it says that...
  5. Trouble installing epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing epic games launcher: I recently wanted to play Rocket League, so I went and got the game on the Epic store and went to download the launcher for epic games. When I tried to install it the first time, I was having so really weird issues of it not loading. Now when I try to install it, it says that...
  6. Trouble installing epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Gaming troubles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming troubles: OK I had Windows 7 installed on my computer and when I would play a game WoW the graphic would freeze and would restart my computer. So I ran the sfc/scannow and the checkHealth and nothing came up, said the computer was fine. So I switched graphic cards and the same...
  8. Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.: Since the long lengthy update of Microsoft, I have had trouble playing games on different sites (hesitates when making moves) and also scrolling when reading articles. How can this be corrected???...
  9. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...
  10. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...