Windows 10: Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

Discus and support Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried a few times today to run a full scan on my comp. My PC is pretty old and this is my CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K). My IOS is Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MortifiedPenguin69, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

I've tried a few times today to run a full scan on my comp. My PC is pretty old and this is my CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K). My IOS is Windows 10 with the latest update. I've looked up solutions on google of course and haven't had any luck.

submitted by /u/MortifiedPenguin69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MortifiedPenguin69, Nov 23, 2019

2. How do I get Windows Defender to run a daily scan?

Hi Bill,

To run the Windows Defender automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps on this link:

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Defender not Running Regular Scan

I've never understood the need some people feel to set up a scheduled task to run a Defender scan. For the past year the automatic maintenance has run Defender scans for me.

That is, until the Anniversary Upgrade - it broke something and Defender never ran another scan. It finally alerted me that a scan was long overdue. I followed the suggestion on another thread...
    Windows Defender No Longer Performs AutoScan
    ...and the automatic maintenance scans are back to running regularly again.

4. Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

1. Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Troubles running full

2. Full Scan in Windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  3. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  4. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crash on Full Defender Scan

Crash on Full Defender Scan: I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and NVidia drivers and sfc /scannow shows no problems. Any Ideas? [img] 147052
  6. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  7. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  8. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  9. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...
  10. Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender

Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender: I am unable to run a full scan on Windows Defender - the scan runs extremely slowly (only a dozen files per minute) and often hangs. The issue isn't that I have too many files - I've used only half of my available space and full scan worked perfectly well before I upgraded to...