Windows 10: Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help*

Discus and support Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help* in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Forgive me if this is a hardware issue and not a windows 10 problem, but at this point I'm completely lost as to what is causing my issues. I'm not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GTR0B, May 1, 2016.

1. GTR0B Win User

Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help*

Forgive me if this is a hardware issue and not a windows 10 problem, but at this point I'm completely lost as to what is causing my issues. I'm not the most knowledgeable in this subject and I'm fairly new to building PC's. With that being said I'm also not brain dead, and my efforts in building my PC have had great results the past few months until now.

So let's get into it.
    Ever since a new update was installed a few months ago I haven't been able to open any files, or even go into the settings. It starts up fine, I input my password and get into my desktop but this is where the problems start. The first thing I see is the steam updater running, and it seems to be doing fine until i click on it. Once i click on literally anything the cursor shows as the loading ring and everything becomes unresponsive. This used to be a very quick PC, and would start up and open applications very fast. Naturally when i first noticed the problem I figured it must have been an issue with the update so I clicked the windows icon (start menu) and it did open the menu, but when I clicked the settings button nothing opened and the start menu just froze open. At this point nothing was opening, not even the file explorer, and when i hit Ctrl+Alt+Del an empty black screen opened up. At this point I figured I should just restore windows to a previous update, but I had the same problems and it didn't change anything. So since then a few months have passed by with me only having a surface pro 2 to work on, and I decided to give it another try. This time I booted up my Win 10 disc and went to "repair my computer", "reset this PC", then chose to remove everything, and around half way through the reset it stopped and told me "there was a problem resetting your pc". Now I can't boot up windows anymore and I'm not exactly sure as to what I can do. I have work files I was planning on recovering on this PC too, so I would prefer not to format a partition and reinstall windows like that.

Anyways, any help is very much appreciated and I can update this post with any info, or hardware specs if you guys think it's relevant. Thanks.

:)

GTR0B, May 1, 2016

2. My IE has suddenly started playing up, it keeps stopping with error message, tks for any help.

I tried Edge instead and it worked fine but I prefer IE11.

What I did was first a full scan, nothing came up.

Then I checked for updates, and there were a couple so I installed them, and today, tried IE11 and it's fine.

I don't know why the updates weren't done automatically as per usual with Windows 10. But it seems to have cured the problem at least for now. So fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply. I may need to try that in the future if it plays up again.

irritated with windows 10, May 1, 2016
  3. Troubles with Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with after upgrading to Windows 10, the audio is not working properly in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or the audio drivers have gone bad in the system.

Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card
    or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish
    between similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Regarding .pdf files:

You may also try running SFC scan and check if that helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more Information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 1, 2016
  4. Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help*

If you chose to remove everything, those important work files may be gone, depending on how far along in the process it got before crashing. I would stop using the computer right away, and connect the drive to your Surface Pro as an external. You may have to buy an adapter or a external housing, if you don't have one already. Then you can use an app like Recuva to try and recover your files.

If you have nothing on the computer you want saved, now is the time to do a clean install. This would have been one of the first things to do after your basic troubleshooting, but it isn't mentioned. If this clean install still fails, then I would start testing your hardware to find out what is wrong, starting with the memory.

DeaconFrost, May 1, 2016
Thema:

Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help*

1. Troubles With Windows 10 *Need Help* - Similar Threads - Troubles *Need Help*

2. Printer Trouble Expert help needed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Trouble Expert help needed.: My Small Company currently has 7 Lenovo Laptops Windows Pro Feature Version 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 that won't send Printer Jobs to the Printer from the Print Spooler. The Print Jobs just sit there until it Errors out. The WiFi Adapter and Ethernet port uses Either Intel or...
  3. Printer Trouble Expert help needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Trouble Expert help needed.: My Small Company currently has 7 Lenovo Laptops Windows Pro Feature Version 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 that won't send Printer Jobs to the Printer from the Print Spooler. The Print Jobs just sit there until it Errors out. The WiFi Adapter and Ethernet port uses Either Intel or...
  4. Printer Trouble Expert help needed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows 10: Previous question that was asked "Assistance with C55-B5299" will remain there in case I need to do an install of Windows 8.1------------I have the same laptop, with installing Windows 10 on USB. However, it is just not working and with the USB it is going into the setup,...
  6. Need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with windows 10: My laptops service for windows10 has expired. What should I do in order to receive the updates needed to run effectively? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-10/5ce4cdd6-4446-4490-88d6-d3a815fbd75a
  7. Help needed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed in windows 10: submitted by /u/Ninja0981213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kalsf5/help_needed_in_windows_10/
  8. (Help) Windows login troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Help) Windows login troubles: Hey, so I'm having a slight problem where when I turn on the PC and after the window boots it then logs me in automatically. I see my desktop, my wallpaper, and all but then if I click anywhere or press any key it logs me out and asks me for my password. submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 Activation Troubles - REALLY NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Troubles - REALLY NEED HELP: So I built my own PC, and bought what I am assuming is a digital license directly from the Microsoft Store. I installed windows 10 directly from the USB device to my new system. I later activated by purchasing a Windows 10 Home license from the Microsoft Store (a product...
  10. Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!: Administrators: I hope I put this post in the proper location but feel free to relocate if needed. I have an iCloud email account but can't login to it on my PC. I never get to the password screen as it only gets to that blue screen with the endless spinning wheel. Odd,...