Windows 10: Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909

Discus and support Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This notebook computer has dual graphics and was upgraded to 1909. Display is black with left upper corner box: Personalized Settings (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by questions_, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909

This notebook computer has dual graphics and was upgraded to 1909.

Display is black with left upper corner box: Personalized Settings (not responsive)

Steps performed so far:

Ran HP BIOS UEFI hardware diagnostics version 7 > all hardware passed

BIOS upgraded to 1.44

3 Power off/on > ran startup repair > nothing significant in srttrail.txt

Safe mode also with black display

Safe mode without driver signature enforcement > no change

Safe mode with low resolution > never happened

Safe mode with command prompt > able to open Msinfo32, systeminfo.exe, regedit, winver

ran sfc /scannow > no integrity violations

ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth > competed without problems

Booted using Windows 10 iso > ran chkdsk /r /v > completed without problems

Safe mode build: 18362.19h1_release .190318-1202

System info: 18363, install ate: 11/24, BIOS 1.44 8/8/2018

Winver: 18363.476

Changed Users: Windows attempted updates or upgrade displaying various messages:

This might take several minutes

These updates help protect you in an online world

Leave everything to us

Making sure everything is ready to go

It's taking a bit longer than expected but we'll get there as fast as we can

Able to view splash screen > logon > then black screen with Personalized Settings (not responsive) in left upper corner

Able to switch users > no change in black screen

1) How do you fix Personalized Settings (not responsive)?

2) How do you fix black screen post upgrade?

(There are multiple web links reporting this windows upgrade problem repaired with registry steps to fix the problem) (please explain them)

:)

questions_, Nov 26, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Black screen and personal settings not responding

Hi,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• To verify, where/when does this black screen appear?
    • Does the black screen come with an error code/message?
    • Are you having issues launching any other apps besides Settings and Cortana?

In the meantime, here are some articles you may refer to for troubleshooting purposes:

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 26, 2019
  4. mh7mh7mh7 Win User

Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909

Personal settings not responding and black screen

mh7mh7mh7, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909

1. Troubleshoot black screen with Personalize Settings (not responsive) after upgrade to1909 - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot black screen

2. no response from troubleshooters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no response from troubleshooters: None of the troubleshooters will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-response-from-troubleshooters/c0b0d075-ad89-4c0f-8ea9-db5747d877cd
  3. Black screen after fabrical settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after fabrical settings: I just did fabrical settings on my wintel pro windows. After it finished I selected exit and continue to windows 10. after that appeared the black screen with no signs of life, no cursor, cannot enter safe mode 3x power button hold method and shift + F8 does not work. I also...
  4. Screen black with not-responding just "personalized settings" window and mouse

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen black with not-responding just "personalized settings" window and mouse: Updated my computer yesterday and now it's not letting me access my desktop. I can reach the login screen fine and proceed to log in, but once I do so the screen is entirely black aside from a "Personalized Settings" window and my mouse cursor. If I click on the window it...
  5. Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen: After kb4556799 update Windows 10 started getting black screen with "Personalized Settings Not Responding after Windows Sign In and neither Task Manager response nor can I start in Safe Mode. I deleted the "Latest Feature update" and "latest quality update" to no avail. I...
  6. black screen after upgrading

black screen after upgrading: hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option...
  7. Problems after upgrade to 1909.Black screen with Personalized Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after upgrade to 1909.Black screen with Personalized Settings: A HP notebook (1703 or 1709) with multiple failed Windows upgrades had a successful upgrade today. Before the upgrade scannow, restorehealth, and chkdsk /scan were ran. A Windows 10 iso 1909 was downloaded to the desktop. Setup.exe was launched Windows updates were...
  8. No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc: Since last year’s major update, my desktop has hung during bootup about half of the time. Automatic Repair has run hundreds of times with no result other than delay. Once into Windows it has worked fine. Today after a normal bootup, a white screen appeared. I could move the...
  9. Random Black screens and intermittent slow response

Random Black screens and intermittent slow response: In the past month, we have started experiencing several systems, mostly laptops but some desktops with random issues. The problems have been sporatic over the past few months, but in the past month have become chronic. Note that I have seen this with a mix of Windows 10...
  10. Troubleshoot black screen error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshoot black screen error: When working on my laptop, after a few minutes, if I don't hit a key, it will turn completely black., and then do it again and again and again. So annoying. I have no screen saver set on my laptop. I turned off for this reason. It drives me crazy. I am not a SW Engineer...