Windows 10: Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows

Discus and support Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a reposting of case: Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure as suggested by Zbook who was extremely helpful with his analysis. Thank you! I now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KeithJB, Mar 30, 2020.

1. KeithJB Win User

Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows

This is a reposting of case: Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure as suggested by Zbook who was extremely helpful with his analysis. Thank you!

I now have an HP all-in-one that won't boot. When I turn it on, with the cover removed, I can see the cooling fan running and I can hear the optical drive head move but then nothing happens.

There's a lot in the other case but I suspect its a hardware problem and as computer is old, it probably cant be recovered.

I updated the bios and it booted a few more times but now it wont load.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please let me know.

Keith

:)

KeithJB, Mar 30, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 25, 2020
  4. Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows

Upgrade crashes: It now will not boot into windows at all and just goes into the blue troubleshooting screens

Hi Enger,

I regret the inconvenience you’re facing regarding Windows 10 upgrade, and I appreciate for trying the steps to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I request you to answer the following question:

• Did you receive any error message while upgrading?

• “Blue troubleshooting screens” do you refer to the Advance boot options for windows 10?

If you are not able to boot to the desktop screen, I suggest you to install the windows 10 using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands so that you can boot to the desktop screen and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank yoou.

Vidyashree_C, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows

1. Troubleshoot booting to BIOS or Windows - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot booting BIOS

2. Laptop not booting into bios or windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not booting into bios or windows: I have a dell vostro 1520 laptop and every time i turn it on it refuses to boot into the bios let alone show me the startup icon. I am hoping someone can help. It is running windows 10 The display wont show when i turn it on i just get a error code where the number key is...
  3. Laptop not booting into bios or windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting into bios or windows: I have a dell vostro 1520 laptop and every time i turn it on it refuses to boot into the bios let alone show me the startup icon. I am hoping someone can help. It is running windows 10 The display wont show when i turn it on i just get a error code where the number key is...
  4. Bio Boot

Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  5. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  6. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. bios not booting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bios not booting windows: this is a win 10 issue,my motherboard which is gigabyte is 3 years old and has a place for tpm module I have one of those it is tpm 2.0 which is win11 compatable, and compatable with this board. problem is when installed on my board it is recognised as being installed and...
  8. bios not booting windows

bios not booting windows: this is a win 10 issue,my motherboard which is gigabyte is 3 years old and has a place for tpm module I have one of those it is tpm 2.0 which is win11 compatable, and compatable with this board. problem is when installed on my board it is recognised as being installed and...
  9. bios not booting windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Booting into Bios and not Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into Bios and not Windows: Greetings all! Today out of nowhere I got the Green Screen of Death. I believe the code was Critical_Process_Died but I'm not completely sure. So I knew it had to do with the Insider Windows thing since it was Green. Anyways, it forces me to reboot, but then my computer got...