Windows 10: Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

Discus and support Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MontyMav, Sep 22, 2022.

1. MontyMav Win User

Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I wasn't able to get as far as that as it asked me to select my account so I did and asked for a password, I assumed it meant my Microsoft Windows password so I entered that and received "Incorrect Password" there was an option to select if I had forgotten my password so I selected that and told me it was reserved for Admins who

:)

MontyMav, Sep 22, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen, Limited Command Prompt Access

Hi Vestii,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: DISM

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

Also, I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Command Prompt

2. Windos Troubleshoot Command Prompt Login Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windos Troubleshoot Command Prompt Login Error: Unable to loging troubleshoot mode command prompt. requesting microsoft account password & my password said incorrect in all time. I already reset the password and try to sign n but again said that incorrect password. How to check my previous password....
  3. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue: I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I...
  4. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue: I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I...
  5. Command prompt in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt in troubleshoot: Hi ive tried to delete my second partition in my ssd drive but it says ure unable due to pagefile I tried to change the security to administrator but it didnt work and now im recieving this error appup.intel graphics experience_1.100 ...\igcctray.exe the parameter is...
  6. Command prompt in troubleshoot

Command prompt in troubleshoot: Hi ive tried to delete my second partition in my ssd drive but it says ure unable due to pagefile I tried to change the security to administrator but it didnt work and now im recieving this error appup.intel graphics experience_1.100 ...\igcctray.exe the parameter is...
  7. Command prompt in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Command Prompt issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt issue: I try to open it as an admin, and it says "to continue, enter admin username and password" and the only option it gives me is "no" which closes out the program. This started happening after deleting another account and setting this one to device owner....
  9. Command Prompt Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Issue: I am the only user on my laptop and have the Administrator account. When I access the command prompt, the usual DOS line C:\Windows\system32 does not appear. I have tried opening as Admin, too, even though I already am the Admin. Instead I get this C:\Users\rotor, which is...
  10. Command Prompt Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Issue: Hi, Whenever I open my command Prompt (Windows 10 Home), it briefly flashes for less than a second and closes. I tried all the solutions on the Microsoft Forum as well as all other forums but no luck. Right now I don't have any other choice but to use Windows Powershell but...