Windows 10: Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10

Discus and support Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 rolled out better high-dynamic-range (HDR) display and wide color gamut (WCG) support. Just before we start, you need to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 6, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Sep 6, 2018
  3. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

Hi COCO-86,

In order for me to have a better idea with what you experience with your computer's High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut (HDR & WCG), I would like to know the following:

• Do you get any error message when this happens?
    • Are experiencing the issue on other user profiles?
    • Is the issue happening on specific apps and programs or is it with any apps and programs on your Windows?
    • Does the issue happens when restarting the computer?

In the meantime, if you haven't performed any other troubleshooting, I suggest that you
    create a new user profile and name it as
    test. This is for us to isolate the issue and see if this has something to do with the settings. You also might want check this article on addressing Display
    Problems on Windows 10
    . If you've already performed these steps, you might want to consider checking the
    scaling of your Windows 10, as this may also be a factor at times.

I'll be waiting for your response for me to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Sep 6, 2018
  4. chris_tm Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

MSI 43GSVR 7Re laptop with 6gb Nvidia 1060

Samsung 32hg70 monitor

HDMI 2.0 connected to laptop using only Samsung monitor as display

HDR WCG is an available option to turn on (SDR slider is greyed out for some reason) - once turned on, Windows 10 asks 'Do you want to keep these settings?" Choose Yes,
    but HDR WCG remains off.

Both the 1060 and monitor are HDR capable. Both laptop and monitor are HDMI 2.0

Any thoughts on why HDR won't turn on?

chris_tm, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot common HDR

2. Windows HD Color problem on startup HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows HD Color problem on startup HDR: Hello, I changed my monitor recently and I found it supports HDR but since I don't really use it I keep it deactivated. Every time I boot my pc I get this bug: even if the HDR settings are switched to off the whole desktop is in SDR mode so it has lower brightness but the...
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue: Hello, I am working with a Dell laptop that I have connected to my BenQ 4k UHD display via a USB-C connection. I was adjusting settings when I noticed that my mouse pointer (a.k.a. cursor) disappeared from both the laptop screen and my BenQ monitor. After trying all sorts...
  4. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  5. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings: Here is my setup: Ryzen 2600X Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse ASROCK X370 Taichi ADATA SX800 M.2 NVME 480GB SSD 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CAS 14 Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W I just finished this build last week, got everything I wanted installed, Windows fully...
  6. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  7. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  8. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  9. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...
  10. Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 With Windows HD Color in Windows 10, you get the most of out your high dynamic range (HDR) TV or PC display. When you connect your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr troubleshoot

2. windows hdr wcg colors