Windows 10: Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057

Discus and support Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,I am trying to play Assassins Creed Black Flag on my computer, I am on Windows 10. But every time I launch the game It loads up ubisoft and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aquila Elf, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057

Hi all,I am trying to play Assassins Creed Black Flag on my computer, I am on Windows 10. But every time I launch the game It loads up ubisoft and then crashes. One of the fixes is to use the Windows Troubleshoot Compatibility feature but every time I launch it spits an error code at me before I can even use it. I do not know how to fix this! If anyone has an idea I'd be happy to hear it, I followed the "Mark Burgess" solution but it didn't do anything other then cause Compatibility mode to not even open. Please do not link me to other articles, especially from other websites! I will not read

:)

Aquila Elf, Aug 13, 2022

2. 0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error

I run Windows 10. I tried installing a program that ran on Windows 8.1. It didn't run correctly, so I tried to run the Compatibility Troubleshooter; I got a "0x80070057" error. I've turned off a program (CryptoPrevent) that modifies access permissions (and the program ran on 8.1 under CryptoPrevent), but I still can't run the troubleshooter. What do I do now?

RogerBlair1, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057

1. Troubleshoot Compatibility will not work 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Compatibility 0x80070057

2. Windows 11 Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070057: When I right check a file and ask Windows 11 22H2 to check compatibility, instantly the window pops up with an error "An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter". This started happening after version 22H2, upgraded last night.Also with this 22H2 version, I have not...
  3. Windows 11 Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070057: When I right check a file and ask Windows 11 22H2 to check compatibility, instantly the window pops up with an error "An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter". This started happening after version 22H2, upgraded last night.Also with this 22H2 version, I have not...
  4. Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error: I run Windows 10. I tried installing a program that ran on Windows 8.1. It didn't run correctly, so I tried to run the Compatibility Troubleshooter; I got a "0x80070057" error. I've turned off a program CryptoPrevent that modifies access permissions and the program ran on 8.1...
  5. Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error: I run Windows 10. I tried installing a program that ran on Windows 8.1. It didn't run correctly, so I tried to run the Compatibility Troubleshooter; I got a "0x80070057" error. I've turned off a program CryptoPrevent that modifies access permissions and the program ran on 8.1...
  6. Compatibility troubleshooter gives "0x80070057" error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Compatibility Troubleshooter Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Compatibility Troubleshooter Broken: Hi all, first time posting here I am on a Dutch Windows 10 Pro install I`ve been having this problem for a couple of days When I run the Windows 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter, it seems to hang on the detecting issues screen. It used to take some seconds before the next...
  8. Error code 0x80070057 when troubleshooting why speakers won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code 0x80070057 when troubleshooting why speakers won't work: My XPS 15 9570 won't recognize the built in computer speakers. There is a small red "x" next to the speaker icon in the bottom right and the volume buttons don't work. When I run troubleshooting on the speakers I get error 0x80070057. I recently replaced the SSD on my own and...
  9. trouble loading troubleshooter error code is 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble loading troubleshooter error code is 0x80070057: I recently started playing a game called Dota 2 and I encounter random freezes during the game which would require me to close it with task manager. I started looking for solutions and I was unable to use the compatibility troubleshooter for the game and it says "error...
  10. Windows 10- Troubleshoot compatibility will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10- Troubleshoot compatibility will not work: Troubleshoot compatibility will not work with any programs on my computer. I get the error 0x80070057, with an unknown package-ID and path, context restricted. It worked fine until only a few nights ago. Is there any way to solve this problem?[ATTACH]...