Windows 10: Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history

Discus and support Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do you troubleshoot: [img] and restore prior history? Code: Error7/7/2020 2:35:58 PMSideBySide33None Error7/7/2020 2:35:52... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zbook, Jul 7, 2020.

1. zbook Win User

Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history

How do you troubleshoot:

Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history [​IMG]

and restore prior history?

Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    How do you use sxstrace.exe to troubleshoot this side-by-side error?
    How do you restore the Edge history?
    Windows version 1809.

:)

zbook, Jul 7, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge and History

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to clear the browsing history and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.
    I would also suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2020
  3. YuruZhang Win User
    Browser History Missing in EDGE

This answer is not helpful at all.

YuruZhang, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history

Browser History Missing in EDGE

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to check and verify the history stored and check if you are able to view the history, to do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • To view your browsing history, select Hub on the right top corner.
    • Click on the History (clock symbol).
    • Under History expand the category such as last, today by clicking on the arrow given beside the category name.
    Check if you are able to view history.

Also refer to the below given link for more information and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history

1. Troubleshoot: Edge failed to start and restore prior history - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Edge failed

2. Edge History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge History: This has me tearing my hair out. Sometimes History works, that is I can see it. Other times the text is greyed out then goes blank and I get a message that says looking for sync on other devices. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when it works and when it doesn't. Is...
  3. Edge History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge History: This has me tearing my hair out. Sometimes History works, that is I can see it. Other times the text is greyed out then goes blank and I get a message that says looking for sync on other devices. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when it works and when it doesn't. Is...
  4. Edge History

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge History: How do I make the History tab in Edge show the pages in groups rather than individual pages? Like, If I visit Google Maps I need to scroll down past 1000 map pages before I see the page I was on before maps. Same with Facebook. In IE history looked like files and you chose...
  6. Edge History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge History: How do I make the History tab in Edge show the pages in groups rather than individual pages? Like, If I visit Google Maps I need to scroll down past 1000 map pages before I see the page I was on before maps. Same with Facebook. In IE history looked like files and you chose...
  7. No history in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No history in Edge: I am now not getting any history in Edge, which is a bit of a nuisance. For a while I thought it might be due to (one of) the cleaning apps I use in my small storage Tablet PC, even tough I have deactivated that setting where I can.. It seems it is not. I have checked for...
  8. Prior Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prior Restore Point: I am wanting to take my computer back to a previous date, how can I do this? The only restore date that comes up is for today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prior-restore-point/f83e66ca-4457-468e-87f3-0659003b27a7
  9. edge history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge history: I had recently setup a Windows 10 vm on my laptop and when I looked through the history of the edge internet history I saw that the search history had started before the vm was made and I don't know how that would happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen...
  10. history in edge

in Browsers and Email
    history in edge: My history does not show in Microsoft edge 54884