Windows 10: troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode

Discus and support troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG] while going into the recovery mode i can't find any troubleshoot option and advance windows option or continue option the only thing i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anchal Badghainya, Mar 28, 2020.

1. troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode

troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode [​IMG]

while going into the recovery mode i can't find any troubleshoot option and advance windows option or continue option

the only thing i can see is turnoff you pc

i need the remaining options also alone with turn off your computer

:)

Anchal Badghainya, Mar 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Unable to boot windows due to missing or corrupt files

Hi Callum,

There are several reasons why your PC isn't booting properly. One of which is because of broken boot data configuration components. To isolate the issue, we highly suggest you to boot your PC in Safe Mode. Given that you cannot access the setup screen, please
    follow these steps:

Do the improper shutdown process:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the computer. Do this thrice.
    • At the 4th boot, simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment window to appear.

After doing the improper shutdown process, please follow these steps:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options then, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once the PC has restarted, press the F4 key to boot in Safe Mode.

Let us know if the resolution worked for you.

Katrina Men, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode

Advanced Troubleshooting not helping with booting up Windows 10.

Hi,

The issue that you're having usually happens when a specific process of the system got interrupted. This interruption can lead to system/hardware corruption. Since you were able to access that Advance troubleshooting (Window Recovery), we would like to know
    if you have tried choosing the option Safe mode with Networking. If not, we suggest booting from it using the steps below:

• Go to Advance Troubleshooting.
    • Under Advance options, choose Startup Settings.
    • Choose Enable Safe mode with Networking or press F5.

After successfully booting the computer to it, we suggest running the System File Checker. Kindly follow the steps on this article to perform it:
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10. Once done, type chkdsk c: /f
    on the Command Prompt then click Enter. Wait for the process to finish, then
    Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode

1. troubleshoot is missing in choose an option while booting the windows in recovery mode - Similar Threads - troubleshoot missing choose

2. Safe mode options missing in recovery mode of windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode options missing in recovery mode of windows 11.: After a clean install of windows 11 boot in safe mode went missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-options-missing-in-recovery-mode-of/2dd1ea8c-44e4-45e6-8057-6c2f6f433761
  3. Safe mode options missing in recovery mode of windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe mode options missing in recovery mode of windows 11.: After a clean install of windows 11 boot in safe mode went missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-options-missing-in-recovery-mode-of/2dd1ea8c-44e4-45e6-8057-6c2f6f433761
  4. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  5. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  6. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!: My Asus laptop is suddenly stuck in this seemingly inescapable blue screen mode, and I need help to fix it. Here are the only options I am getting:After language selection, I get 2 options: Troubleshoot or Turn off your pcIn Troubleshoot:Start up repair - won't launchCommand...
  8. Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!: My Asus laptop is suddenly stuck in this seemingly inescapable blue screen mode, and I need help to fix it. Here are the only options I am getting:After language selection, I get 2 options: Troubleshoot or Turn off your pcIn Troubleshoot:Start up repair - won't launchCommand...
  9. Troubleshoot options are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot options are missing: There are no options except startup settings....no startup repair, no repairs happen when my system crashes...please give me some solution... Thank you for your support in advance...
  10. Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option": I cannot get any further than the "choose an option" screen, once I select troubleshoot from here my laptop starts. I cannot get to Advaced Options>Startup Setting like I am trying. I have tried all ways that I've seen thus far and have yet to come to a solution. Please...