Windows 10: Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server

Discus and support Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] KMS or Key Management Services is usually a Windows Server computer configured to be a KMS host computer by installing the Volume Activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 29, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server

Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server Troubleshoot-KMS-Activation-100x100.png
    KMS or Key Management Services is usually a Windows Server computer configured to be a KMS host computer by installing the Volume Activation Services role. When an Enterprise uses KMS keys to activate computers, it will need the KMS Host to [...]

This post Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 Activation using KMS server

Did you reimage the machines with a volume license copy of Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise volume license clients in order to reach the KMS? I am not aware of OEM licenses ever being activated by a KMS server. In fact, OEM Windows 8.1 Pro licenses would first
    have to reimaged with a volume license image first.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2018
  3. KMS activation safety

Hi,

Does KMS windows activation put me at risk of being tracked?

Can KMS server owner control my activated client pc in any way?

Does it give server administrator any privilege to access my pc private data/browsing/programs?

Thanks

YoungCalabria, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Rohn007 Win User

KMS activation safety

Tracked how?

KMS is usually a corporate in-house situation, so tracking is irrelevant.

If you happened to buy an Office (Pro) license that requires KMS activation you most likely have a bootleg copy.

Your computer sends a license validation requestion to the KMS Server. The server needs to get back in touch with you, so it needs to know where you are.

AFIK the KMS Server has no other rights or privileges on your computer.

Rohn007, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Troubleshoot KMS Activation on Windows Server - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot KMS Activation

2. Microsoft explains the Windows 7 KMS activation issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains the Windows 7 KMS activation issue: Some Microsoft customers started to report activation issues that they experienced on Windows 7 devices on January 8, 2019, after installation of the latest security updates for the operating system. Microsoft updated the list of known issues quickly to highlight the issue...
  3. Setting up Server 2016 KMS Host for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up Server 2016 KMS Host for Windows 10: I'm trying to set up a Server 2016 KMS host for activation of Windows 10. Getting Error: 0xC004F015 I get the error using the GUI with Volume Activation Tools and I also get the error when trying to run the command line "slmgr.vbs /ipk [KMS License] Can you not set up the...
  4. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation troubleshooter: I recently changed nearly all the part in my PC and had to reinstall windows 10 to this new hard drive. I go into settings to reactive it, use the troubleshooter to select my PCs copy of windows and I'm met with a message saying it cannot reactivate windows on this device,...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter

Windows 10 Activation after Reinstall no Activation Troubleshooter: Hello, I have a brand new HP computer. I was having issues creating a VPN. I worked with a support person from the VPN software I was trying to install. After days of trial and error, the support person decided that it was something HP had installed that was blocking the...
  6. KB4347075 to extend KMS support Enterprise & Windows Server - Aug. 30

in Windows 10 News
    KB4347075 to extend KMS support Enterprise & Windows Server - Aug. 30: August 30, 2018 - KB4347075 Update to extend KMS support upcoming Enterprise LTSC and Windows Server products Applies to: Windows This update extends the Key Management Service (KMS) for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, versions 1507, 1607, 1709, 1803 and...
  7. MANY ERRORS ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10. No KMS contacted

MANY ERRORS ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10. No KMS contacted: Hi, Last night I installed windows 10 home premium. This morning when I went on my PC, windows hadn't been activated!! I have tried activating manually and by entering my key but none of it has been any use. I have tried the various "slmgr" commands in cmd they were no use...
  8. Activation troubleshooting

Activation troubleshooting: In order to best provide assistance, we request users to run either of the below to try and identify the issue you may be having. A. *Arrow Activation Diagnostic Tool (Checks MS Office activation with basic Windows activation data only) B. *Arrow LicensingDiag.ps1 (No...
  9. Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10: Hi Brink. I am testing this with 2x win10 (14372) pro on hyper-v VMs. Browsing my microsoft account's devices online, I see both devices of which one is activated and the other isn't. When I try to activate the second one using the same microsoft account, I can use the...
  10. A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter: A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter [img] In Windows Insider Preview build 14371, Dona Sarkar and her Microsoft team introduced a new feature called Activation Troubleshooter for Windows 10. Activation Troubleshooter makes it easier to fix...