Windows 10: Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements

Discus and support Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried various Lightroom Forums to solve this issue but to no avail. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris Nicola, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements

I have tried various Lightroom Forums to solve this issue but to no avail. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who might be able to help me to troubleshoot this issue.

I am using Lightroom 6 to edit Raw files. Version 6 is the last stand alone version before Adobe switched to the cloud. Lightroom has the option to right click a raw file and choose to edit in an external editor. This works just fine with an older 32 bit version of PS Elements 9. However this is the problem when using the 64 bit PS Elements 2020.

In Lightroom I can right click a raw file/Edit in/I Choose PS Elements 2020.
    1- First PS Elements launches immediately as its supposed to do. Sometimes I see a flicker on the screen.
    2- Nothing happens for 2 minutes
    3- Then I get the attached error message in Lightroom, "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop Elements editor could not be launched". (Actually that is not correct because PS Elements is open and running)
    4- Then when I click OK on the error message, the raw file loads into PS Elements as it should.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both LR and PS Elements. I have reset the preferences of both programes but the problem persists. I have tried opening PS Elements before attempting the edit but this does not help. Running both programes as administrator does not help. The flickering makes me suspect a possible grapics related issue.

Is there a way I can find out the process that makes Lightroom hang for 2 minutes? Then its possible that a solution can be found. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

PS I have the latest version of Windows 10 64 bit.

Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements [​IMG]

:)

Chris Nicola, Dec 13, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Lightroom 6 freezes

I'm not sure why you're having such issues as Lightroom is very compatible with Windows 10. With that, some questions...

• I see this is the stand-alone version (boxed) of LR 6. where did you get it from?
    • Has it been licensed with Adobe?
    • Are you patching it (Lightroom)? Adobe has come out with several patches since I made that post at DPR.
    • Are you an administrator on that machine in question?
    • What version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Is it still the trial version?

It would be very helpful to have all those questions answered.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Lightroom 6 freezes

Thanks very much for your reply!
    1. I have bought LR 6 (not the CC) from Adobe, I have the serial numbers, is licensed and I have an Adobe account. Before LR 6 I used LR 4 and 5 with W 7 without any problems on the same laptop (Toshiba Portege R930).
    2. Patching - not sure what you mean, the version I run is the updated version LR 6. Lightroom version: 6.1.1 [ 1032027 ]License: Perpetual Graphics Processor Info: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Please note : Graphic processor acceleration is disabled!!
    3. I am the administrator of this laptop.
    4. Windows 10 version is 10.0.10240 build 10240, updated from W7.
    Apart from this Lightroom issue - everything else is running very well with W10 on this Toshiba!

Can you make anything out of this?? I would be most grateful!

Best regards
    /Anders

Leicakillen, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements

windows 10 and adobe lightroom 6

I have been through this over and over . The help suggestions from the Microsoft techs have been useless. I had updates for my Lightroom 6 and it resolved the problem . In the last week and a half I have had 2 update downloads when I shut down and now
    the problem is back. I can't even turn off the Graphics processor now and my favorites are duplicated scattered and refiled . I spent 2 hours trying to correct that and turned it back on tonight t find some of the extra junk had reappeared. I even tried using
    the suggested troubleshooting route and that just led to a totally frozen program. The problem is Windows 10! I am very sorry I upgraded. It has been a very painful experience trying to do my photography Hobby because of the mess it has created . Every set
    of updates bring new surprises to more than just Lightroom 6. Hopefully Adobe will get new updates out to fix the current issues. Good luck!

J.TAYLOR_53, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements

1. Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Lightroom Error

2. Error Code when Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code when Troubleshooting: Hello! I have tried to run a troubleshoot for the PC since I noticed the slow internet connection. But then "An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter" and states:Package ID: UnknownPath: UnknownError code: 0x80004005Source: Command LineContext: RestrictedAny help...
  3. Error Code when Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code when Troubleshooting: Hello! I have tried to run a troubleshoot for the PC since I noticed the slow internet connection. But then "An error occurred while loading the troubleshooter" and states:Package ID: UnknownPath: UnknownError code: 0x80004005Source: Command LineContext: RestrictedAny help...
  4. Error Code when Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Gettings Errors When Using Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gettings Errors When Using Troubleshooting: I'm on Windows 7. When I try to click any of the "Troubleshooting" options, I get an error. Error code: 0x80070003I've tried starting in Safe Mode, but I still get that error. I've also tried running System File Checker, but it found no errors.What should I do?...
  6. lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lightroom shows temporary files invalid when opening path?: hello when i want to open adobe lightroom on my laptop i get the error message: Lightroom cannot be started because the path for temporary files "C:\Users\ANOUSC~1\AppData\Tem... is invalid. Lightroom requires a valid path for temporary files. what can I do to...
  7. error when execute troubleshooting on printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error when execute troubleshooting on printer: [ATTACH] I cannot access the printer at location "\\entares\***" provided by my school. I run troubleshooting several times but it always this unexpected error. I connected the correct WLAN to use the printer and my friends can access the printer properly. So there must be...
  8. Lightroom 6 freezes

Lightroom 6 freezes: I use Windows 10 on my two Toshiba laptops (R700 and R930) and almost everything is running excellent. I have one problem though - if I start Adobes Lightroom 6 it freezes when I try to use the development module. I have tried numerous proposals to avoid this, including...
  9. Adobe lightroom 6

Adobe lightroom 6: I'm about to buy Lightroom 6 for my PC and would like to know if there are any problems with running it on W10? 29125
  10. Error in LR (Lightroom)

Error in LR (Lightroom): [img] Does anyone know what this means? I have also been getting other errors upon logging off at night that is similar to this error, but it's not the same error. It says it's an Application Error. 83901