Windows 10: Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

Discus and support Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Any network connection made between computers (TCP or UDP protocols), it is done through the ports. Imagine these as entry points or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows Process-Explorer-Application-Handling-100x100.png
    Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows Process-Explorer-Application-Handling-150x113.png Any network connection made between computers (TCP or UDP protocols), it is done through the ports. Imagine these as entry points or gateways which is used by a service or application. As more client connections are made, the ports shortfall [...]

This post Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Feb 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

1. Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Port exhaustion

2. Port issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Port issue: Hello, I am trying to open some ports on a Windows machine. I first tried on the Firewall manager adding the TCP ports, and that didn't work. I even tried to disable Defender completely, but that didn't work either. Note that I did not restart the computer, because it is a...
  3. Port issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port issue: Hello, I am trying to open some ports on a Windows machine. I first tried on the Firewall manager adding the TCP ports, and that didn't work. I even tried to disable Defender completely, but that didn't work either. Note that I did not restart the computer, because it is a...
  4. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019: We have a java-based server-client application which is working on Windows Server 2019. Operators use application over CITRIX server. Until a Windows update 10 days ago, system was running normally. After then, users started to get an error as "Communication port is blocked"...
  5. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019: We have a java-based server-client application which is working on Windows Server 2019. Operators use application over CITRIX server. Until a Windows update 10 days ago, system was running normally. After then, users started to get an error as "Communication port is blocked"...
  6. Sudden data exhaustion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden data exhaustion: Hello I have been using hotspot from my mobile to connect to the internet in my laptop. The connection is metered. Yet, 2gb data gets exhausted in just 10 minutes!! All the automatic update settings have also been turned off. But the problem is not solved. Can you please...
  7. MSMQ port exhaustion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSMQ port exhaustion: Hi, I'm running MSMQ on server 2016. I see the tcp ports in "bound" state growing for the msmq process. Till all the ports are used up. Is there a way to find out what is causing this? example: PS C:\Scripts> Get-NetTCPConnection -State BOUND select -First 5...
  8. Troubleshooting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting issue: Hello, So I am having this problem with troubleshooting. If I try to to troubleshoot any program like a player or a game it shows "An error occurred while troubleshooting" but if I go to settings>update & security>troubleshoot I can troubleshoot the system programs. Please...
  9. Troubleshooting issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshooting issue: Hi Team, I login my hp laptop but its automatically moved to"choose your keyboard layout" and i selected "US" Then i have the two options "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off your PC" if i click "Troubleshoot" its shows six advanced options they are "Startup Repair" "Command...
  10. Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Resource Exhaustion (VM issue) on new W10 Install: Can anyone please help me with the following? Upgraded an 8.1 install to W10 and since have been having issues with virtual memory / resource errors. This normally requires the closure of all apps / progs but this morning the PC shut down as a result. On checking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble shoot port exhuastion

2. troubleshoot port exhaustion with process memory dumb