Windows 10: troubleshoot windows media player

Discus and support troubleshoot windows media player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; CD player is not responding. Playlists indicate files may have been moved or deleted.In addition, an external audio device connected by USB cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharJax, Sep 22, 2019.

1. CharJax Win User

troubleshoot windows media player

CD player is not responding. Playlists indicate files may have been moved or deleted.In addition, an external audio device connected by USB cable produces no sound.

:)

CharJax, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 22, 2019
  4. troubleshoot windows media player

Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to try this method and check for the issue.

Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter
    and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings
    to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

troubleshoot windows media player

1. troubleshoot windows media player - Similar Threads - troubleshoot media player

2. Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player?: How do I remove all duplicates on windows Media Player ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/8be8d9a5-385a-4608-a88d-f3b6b816b7ae
  3. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player: Hi, I've been trying to rip cd's onto my USB stick, I've been having some issues trying to rip the 1st track of cd's onto it and Windows Media Player keeps ripping the 1st track of my cd's onto a seperate album called "Unkown album" with the date and time at the end of itCan...
  4. Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player: I have a laptop with a external cd player/recorder usb but I can, t seem to get the the start burn button to highlight or work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/ffa080f8-2bfa-40f6-a7a2-585a376ff0b4
  5. windows media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player: just got this pc I need help with windows media player it transfers music [ ripped cds but not album art to my xduoo x3II mp3 ] I have no real understanding of how pc works can someone help...
  6. Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player: Por gentileza, acho que algo esta faltando em meu computador relativo ao Windows Media Player, pois nao consigo assistir um DVD, talvez seja porque atualizei minha versao do Winds 10. Poderiam me ajudar, por favor...
  7. Windows media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player: My media player will play CDs but not DVDs. Isn't it supposed to do DVDs as well? If that's true , how do I fix it so it will show DVDs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/2f9a5928-9b37-4cd3-8828-989b48cf5d1d
  8. Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player: Why when I try to rip an audio CD do I get an image in WMP showing all tracks are ticked for ripping and all tracks are pending for recording but nothing happens. The program just hangs at this point....
  9. windows media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player: I have some recorded music in my library, but would like to change the time between the songs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/8d7d44f1-d69a-43f7-88b1-2582056e53d6
  10. windows media player

windows media player: i was loading my cd to the computer and i was noticing that the first track of every cd was not loading the track information to the computer what could this be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/ca2dfa7e-fd13-48b7-8885-0426d2f888c5