Windows 10: Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes

Discus and support Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Like all software, the Windows Subsystem (WSL2) too has its fair shares of issues. In this guide, we are going to troubleshoot Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes

Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes use-legacy-console.jpg
    Like all software, the Windows Subsystem (WSL2) too has its fair shares of issues. In this guide, we are going to troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes. Fix Windows Subsystem for Linux Errors, Problems & Issues These are messages for which we are going to troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages […]

This article Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 28, 2021

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have downloaded Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store and you are getting an error when running the PowerShell command. However, as per the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    you need to run the PowerShell command first and then install the required Linux distribution from the store. I suggest you to try running the PowerShell command
    first and check.

For more information on Windows Subsystem for Linux, please refer the articles

Windows Subsystem for Linux Documentation
    and

Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals and experts on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Bash not recognize after checking windows subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Based on the results that you've shared, this can be due to the configuration of your device. The error message indicates that the command being utilized is not recognized by the path that is currently active. We'd recommend performing the following to allow
    Windows to recognize the command:

• Search and launch Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Under Windows Featues, search and tick the Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta).
    • Click on OK.
    • Follow on-screen prompts.
    • Your device will restart after completing the steps. After boot up, check if you'll still experience your concern.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Subsystem Linux

2. Linux for Windows Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux for Windows Subsystem: Hello!I have been using WSL on my computer for over a year, and my organization recently switched to Office 365. In doing so, the third party IT guy that came in set up a new local account for me. Now, I cannot access my WSL installation on the new user. I am trying to find a...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102: When I download Linux subsystem like Ubuntu,I cannot install it successfully.Error code:0x80370102.Follow the Microsoft support document ,I opened Virtual Machine Platform,hypervisorlaunchtype,Hyper-V ,Virtualization and WSL.But it seems that it is still there.I cannot update...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102: When I download Linux subsystem like Ubuntu,I cannot install it successfully.Error code:0x80370102.Follow the Microsoft support document ,I opened Virtual Machine Platform,hypervisorlaunchtype,Hyper-V ,Virtualization and WSL.But it seems that it is still there.I cannot update...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  6. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  7. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  9. Linux Subsystem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux Subsystem: So i have downloald Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store i have turned on the developer options but the last thing i need to do is to turn on Linux Subsystem. I tried to turn it on from PowerShell by typing the followin command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...
  10. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...