Windows 10: Troubleshooted settings making things worse

Discus and support Troubleshooted settings making things worse in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My built in microphone wasn't letting anybody hear me on xbox chat and some idiot on microsoft support told me my settings were fine and that i just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexHresko, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Troubleshooted settings making things worse

My built in microphone wasn't letting anybody hear me on xbox chat and some idiot on microsoft support told me my settings were fine and that i just needed to troubleshoot and fix it. When I did troubleshoot it it made it worse and now games like Fortnite and Rogue Company have my audio appear because the talking microphone symbol appears but my friends cannot hear me. To summarize: Is there a way to undo troubleshooting because after I did the microphone isn't transferring to other people and they cannot hear me.

:)

AlexHresko, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 15, 2021
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Troubleshooted settings making things worse

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Troubleshooted settings making things worse

1. Troubleshooted settings making things worse - Similar Threads - Troubleshooted settings making

2. Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...: I feel pretty frustrated with the Microsoft team's decision to remove and replace the Troubleshooting app with the "Get Help" app. How will users benefit from this change if the "Get Help" app only makes this more confusing and slower?I have already tried Microsoft's "Get...
  3. Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...: I feel pretty frustrated with the Microsoft team's decision to remove and replace the Troubleshooting app with the "Get Help" app. How will users benefit from this change if the "Get Help" app only makes this more confusing and slower?I have already tried Microsoft's "Get...
  4. Headset microphone not connecting, troubleshooting made it worse.

Headset microphone not connecting, troubleshooting made it worse.: For the longest time my computer has not recognized any microphone from my headsets. Headphones, earbuds, doesn't matter. The built in mic works fine when I have nothing else plugged in and I have a big USB microphone that works that I'm tired of lugging around to wherever I...
  5. Headset microphone not connecting, troubleshooting made it worse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not connecting, troubleshooting made it worse.: For the longest time my computer has not recognized any microphone from my headsets. Headphones, earbuds, doesn't matter. The built in mic works fine when I have nothing else plugged in and I have a big USB microphone that works that I'm tired of lugging around to wherever I...
  6. Windows audio troubleshooting made the problem even worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio troubleshooting made the problem even worse: Hello, my laptop headphone jack didn't work even though the headphones did work on other devices and it worked just fine the day before so I went to windows built in troubleshooter which reinstalls the audio drivers. Now the problem is not solved, and now even the laptop...
  7. Windows audio troubleshooting made the problem even worse

Windows audio troubleshooting made the problem even worse: Hello, my laptop headphone jack didn't work even though the headphones did work on other devices and it worked just fine the day before so I went to windows built in troubleshooter which reinstalls the audio drivers. Now the problem is not solved, and now even the laptop...
  8. Make things easy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make things easy: Spending a good chunk of your life using Start is way overrated; make the always-at-your-fingertips taskbar your focus... Tip #927: Pin Settings and This PC icons to the taskbar and make use of the Applications window Jumplist. [ATTACH] AND [ATTACH] -->[ATTACH] Cheers, Drew...
  9. trojans and things are getting worse

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trojans and things are getting worse: My laptop has gone stupid I don't know what to do I log in then its bringing up all sorts of messages. I have windows 10 and its not verified and I try to log in with my Microsoft account and password but when it asks again to verify it wont let me. its telling me to use the...
  10. Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse

in Windows 10 News
    Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," has been an aphorism that's been with us for a very long time. In many ways, it's been a guiding principle for me and many other tech folks. However, I'm starting to think that, at least when it comes to computers, we're going to need to...