Windows 10: Troubleshooter and windows update not working

Discus and support Troubleshooter and windows update not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, A week or so my laptop was updating windows and got stuck for hours. I restarted it and it loaded a screen that checked the drive. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricKeller2, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Troubleshooter and windows update not working

Hello,

A week or so my laptop was updating windows and got stuck for hours. I restarted it and it loaded a screen that checked the drive. Everything was ok. Since then I cannot use the troubleshooter or up date windows. I have tried a system restore, but it wasn't before the incident. I also tried a repair upgrade and it is still the same.

I have screenshots of the errors and things I have tried but I do not see how to post them.

Thank you

:)

EricKeller2, Mar 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Mar 24, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Troubleshooter and windows update not working

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Troubleshooter and windows update not working :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Troubleshooter and windows update not working

1. Troubleshooter and windows update not working - Similar Threads - Troubleshooter update working

2. windows update & troubleshoot is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update & troubleshoot is not working: hi its nagaraju, i have an issue in my desktop that i could not able to do windows update its showing error and in system no troubleshoot is working for any option kindly help me to resolve it to mail - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. windows update & troubleshoot is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update & troubleshoot is not working: hi its nagaraju, i have an issue in my desktop that i could not able to do windows update its showing error and in system no troubleshoot is working for any option kindly help me to resolve it to mail - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Windows Update Troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Troubleshooter not working: [ATTACH]Some users have noticed that when they try to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix Windows Update problems, it does not work as intended. If you face this issue, then this post suggests ways to resolve the issue. Running Windows Update Troubleshooter is one of...
  5. Windows 10 Update and troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update and troubleshooter not working: Windows UpdatePrompt "You're not up to date".Red alert "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes".2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5009543 failure after download.Respond: We couldn't install this update, but you...
  6. Windows 10 Update and troubleshooter not working

Windows 10 Update and troubleshooter not working: Windows UpdatePrompt "You're not up to date".Red alert "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes".2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5009543 failure after download.Respond: We couldn't install this update, but you...
  7. Windows Update Troubleshooting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Troubleshooting not working: For quite some time "Service Host: Network Service" has been using a lot of resources on my computer. I've been looking for quite some time on how to solve this issue until I used the windows update troubleshooter. Every time I use it it says "Problems found" and then "Check...
  8. Windows Update Troubleshooting not working

Windows Update Troubleshooting not working: For quite some time "Service Host: Network Service" has been using a lot of resources on my computer. I've been looking for quite some time on how to solve this issue until I used the windows update troubleshooter. Every time I use it it says "Problems found" and then "Check...
  9. Troubleshooters and windows update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshooters and windows update not working: Hello, A week or so my laptop was updating windows and got stuck for hours. I restarted it and it loaded a screen that checked the drive. Everything was ok. Since then I cannot use any troubleshooter or update windows. I have tried a system restore, but it wasn't before the...
  10. Updates and Troubleshooter not working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and Troubleshooter not working.: Hello..I am new to TenForums, so if this is not in the right forum, please let me know. I have been having problems where I cannot do updates and the troubleshooter does not work. I presently have Win 10 Pro 1709 Build 16299.125. I tried the following steps: 1. Ran...