Windows 10: Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"!

Discus and support Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I'm using windows 10 home on an HP laptop 64 bit. I have major issues with the audio drivers("no audio output device installed") in addition to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZaynabAlhadj, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"!

Hi! I'm using windows 10 home on an HP laptop 64 bit. I have major issues with the audio drivers("no audio output device installed") in addition to the USB ports not working either and troubleshooting was the main advice on every single post I've seen about these issues. But when i try do do a Hardware and devices troubleshoot , it gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes" . Why?? I have to force it to close on the task manager. Additionally, checking for updates on windows update keeps going and going without finishing, and trying to update drivers on Device manager yields the same issue.

know my internet speed is glacial but i have never had these problems with the previous laptop. Please help! I can't do ANY work without this laptop which the only one i have.

Thanks in advance

:)

ZaynabAlhadj, Feb 24, 2019

2. Stuck on "Scan for Hardware Changes"

I was having problems with my wireless network adapter so I uninstalled it on the device manager. Then, I made the Device Manager "Scan for Hardware Changes" so that the network adapter would be installed again, but
    every time I tried to scan for the hardware change, the scanning never ended. I forced closed the device manager and tried again but the same thing happened. Every time I pressed "Scan for Hardware Changes" it got stuck saying "scanning plug and play compliant
    hardware". I need help fixing this problem because right now I can only have wifi by connecting my computer directly to the router with a cable because I was not able to reinstall the wireless network adapter.

DavidJarufe, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I stuck in airplane mode, needfsome help

Hi Joey,

There are a lot of possible causes why your laptop/computer was stuck on airplane mode. To isolate the issue, we
    have some questions for you:

• When did this matter start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have checked if your drivers are updated?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connection

After running the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and the issue still persists, kindly run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    to check for any hardware issues and fix it automatically. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"!

Stuck on "Scan for Hardware Changes"

Hi,

I've reviewed the system specifications and it looks like your computer's model is a Lenovo Flex 3-1480 and Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Based on the information provided, I can recommend that the following tasks should be done (in this order):

Troubleshoot Network Connection

• Right-click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot problems.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish and any errors should be detected. Windows can fix some errors.
    • Continue to the next method if this didn't work.
    Clean Installing Drivers

• Disable automatic driver installations (select No, let me choose what to do; select
      Never install driver software from Windows Update; uncheck Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacturer). Save your changes.
    • Go to device manager and Show hidden devices (under View). Under Network adapters, right click and select
      Uninstall on each driver.
    • Visit
      this link
      to download official drivers.
    • Restart computer if prompted.
    • For component: Networking: Wireless LAN; Operating System:
      Windows 10 64-bit.
    • Download the drivers.
    • Re-enable automatic driver installations (as I explained in my previous post).
    • In device manager, select Network adapters.
    • Right-click and select Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for any drivers to be reinstalled.
    • Continue to the next method if this didn't work.

Repair and Prevention

This method will prevent computer issues and easily fix them. This software is by Lenovo.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Skat0r vista, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"!

1. Troubleshooter gets stuck on "scanning for hardware changes"! - Similar Threads - Troubleshooter gets stuck

2. "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem: I wanted to search Device Manger for a driver so I clicked on the icon with a magnifying-glass that is actually the button for the tool "Scan for hardware changes". The app then opened a small window that said something like "searching for plug-ins", or "searching for...
  3. "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem: I wanted to search Device Manger for a driver so I clicked on the icon with a magnifying-glass that is actually the button for the tool "Scan for hardware changes". The app then opened a small window that said something like "searching for plug-ins", or "searching for...
  4. Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop: Hello,I am attempting to scan all the hardware a custom pc that overheated, so i can see what is salvageable for a new custom pc, and what had to be tossed. I was going to scan every part with a separate laptop. Is there a program I can use on said laptop to scan the...
  5. Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop: Hello,I am attempting to scan all the hardware a custom pc that overheated, so i can see what is salvageable for a new custom pc, and what had to be tossed. I was going to scan every part with a separate laptop. Is there a program I can use on said laptop to scan the...
  6. Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Scan for hardware changes causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scan for hardware changes causes BSOD: Hello out there. This has been raised before and in other similar posts as well. Recently my computer updated the Logitech G Hub as I have a G29 wheel that I sue for iracing. Each time it installed I got the BSOD and thought must be this program but looking further and doping...
  8. hardware troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hardware troubleshooting: I had a crash code pop up that had : Video TDR Failure in it. It did not leave a critical event, even though it caused it to totally reboot. the bugcheck it left was : 0x00000116 0xffffc585357c8010, 0xfffff8018f2501ec, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. It says...
  9. Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager

Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager: I have four different PCs - Windows 10 Pro, updated to the most recent updates - that are missing Scan for Hardware Changes in Device Manager. The four are of completely different hardware configurations. In the past, I have been able to open Device Manager - Go to the...
  10. Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?

Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?: Since the first time I saw it in Windows (can't remember which version), long ago, I never had anything I could see as a result of clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" option in the Device Manager. What does it do exactly and is there any kind of file it generates?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager stuck scanning

2. Scanning Plug and Play compliant Hardware hang

3. hardware scan freeze

4. windows scaning plufg and play hardware not respon,
  5. scanning plug and play compliant hardware,
  6. device manager hangs scanning,
  7. device manager scan for hardware changes missing crash,
  8. stuck on scanning plug and play compliant hardware,
  9. scan on hardware changes,
  10. device manager scan hangs,
  11. stuck on scan for hardware changes issue