Windows 10: Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation

Discus and support Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a Dell PC that some time ago has started freezing on the Windows boot screen. It only does this occasionally, and requires holding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tgp1994, Mar 31, 2021.

1. tgp1994 Win User

Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell PC that some time ago has started freezing on the Windows boot screen. It only does this occasionally, and requires holding the power button to reset, after which it will boot successfully. The freeze will happen just as the logo begins fading away, and it will never freeze while being used after boot.

I've tried updating system device drivers to their latest, but no luck. Memory check is clean, GPU benchmark doesn't cause any issues either.

I understand that Windows can print out debugging information as it loads. I've enabled boot logging and can read the ntbtlog, so that's good. I'm concerned that it will be lost at next boot after an error, though. So I'd like to have debugging information printed to the boot screen. I've checked No GUI Boot and OS Boot information, but Windows still only shows the logo and spinning wheel at boot. I've also tried disabling quietboot in bcdedit, but something keeps turning it back on.

I'm using Windows build 20H2. Can anyone help me get these messages displayed, or better yet troubleshoot the root issue?

Thank you!

:)

tgp1994, Mar 31, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Why my Windows 10 PC boot animation is using Windows 7's boot animation?

Hi Farrel

That is very strange that this problem has occurred after a clean Windows 10 installation . .

That animation is stored in Winload.exe, the only thing I would suggest that may prompt the correct animation is to repair your Windows Startup, that may work . . .

Click the Power Button on your Start Menu

Press the Shift Key and click Restart

Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair

DaveM121, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Solitaire collection is freezing my PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Do you see any error code/message upon PC freeze?
    • Is the issue specific to Microsoft Solitaire Collection or does it occur while using any other application?

I suggest you to place the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. Refer
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for the same.

Note:

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Reset the computer to start normally after troubleshooting.
    Refer
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    for the same.

If the issue persists, assuming, it’s the game that is crashing, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device
    and check if they’re helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation

1. Troubleshooting a PC that freezes on the boot animation - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting freezes boot

2. boot animation windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot animation windows 11: I saw videos showing the new boot animation of windows 11 insider preview and I would like to know if there is a way to put and how to put the new boot animation on windows 11 normal...
  3. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boot Loop troubleshooting: Hello, my pc is stuck in a boot loop in which the manufacturer's logo appears then it immediately restarts. I've tried accessing Safe Mode and winRE but I am unable to no matter how many times I shut the pc down and turn it back on. Any Help?...
  4. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boot Loop troubleshooting: Hello, my pc is stuck in a boot loop in which the manufacturer's logo appears then it immediately restarts. I've tried accessing Safe Mode and winRE but I am unable to no matter how many times I shut the pc down and turn it back on. Any Help?...
  5. PC Boot Loop troubleshooting

6. Will the boot animation show?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the boot animation show?: I'm planning to do the registry thing for the new boot animation ring, and I have my laptop in UEFI. I've heard that it doesn't show up in UEFI. And I really want the ring to show under the HP logo. Will it show or will it not show under the HP logo when it's booting up? I'm...
  7. Will the boot animation show?

Will the boot animation show?: I'm planning to do the registry thing for the new boot animation ring, and I have my laptop in UEFI. I've heard that it doesn't show up in UEFI. And I really want the ring to show under the HP logo. Will it show or will it not show under the HP logo when it's booting up? I'm...
  8. Why my Windows 10 PC boot animation is using Windows 7's boot animation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my Windows 10 PC boot animation is using Windows 7's boot animation?: Hello everyone, after i install Windows 10 i realized that my boot animation is using Windows 7 installation loading animation and boot animation. This problem occurs first in version 1809, and when the first boot after version 2004 it becomes the normal Windows 10 boot...
  9. Changing windows boot animation to custom animation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing windows boot animation to custom animation: [ATTACH] So I'm trying to change my windows boot animation to my own gif file, and I found a boot updater but that was for windows 7. I will attach the gif files so you guys can check it out Sam.T Thanks https://i.redd.it/8dr289e3kv951.gif submitted by...
  10. win 10 boot animation

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 boot animation: Hi I have a question : I have been reading your blog and I saw that if you have a blue windows logo, you can't use a custom boot option, but I have a hp logo. is it the same or different I am only 10 please help thanks:...