Windows 10: Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

Discus and support Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Epos7, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Epos7 Win User

Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox controller worked fine for a few days before I started having problems.

The issue happens most frequently when playing Destiny 2 where both the mouse and controller will disconnect. This causes the game to freeze for 5-10 seconds until a message pops up about the disconnected device. Both devices eventually reconnect. Occasionally the game hangs here and I have to restart the computer.

The issue has also happened when browsing the internet with just the mouse connected, where the mouse will disconnect, and only turning off/turning on Bluetooth will fix it.

I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver, restarting, and installing the Intel Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for my wireless card - Intel 7260. I have also tried disabling the power management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

As you can see from the Event Viewer, there are multiple error reports each time this happens. I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks!

Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections [​IMG]

:)

Epos7, Nov 3, 2018

2. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 3, 2018
  3. Bluetooth device shows in disconnected state

Hi Ayush,

Code 45 occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. It would nice if you can provide more details about your concern. Please verify the following information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications.

To help you rectify the issue, I suggest running the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This automated tool will scan and fix your computer for any issues detected with your drivers.

• Select the Start button.
    • Type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Should the issue continue even after running the troubleshooter, you can refer to this
    support article for further assistance. The page has troubleshooting
    steps that are applicable to Bluetooth issues in Windows 10.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device

2. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  3. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  4. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.: I can't find the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and also in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. I tried to restart Bluetooth services but nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back. Troubleshooting says "Device does not have Bluetooth.The device is HP Probook 4540s....
  5. How to troubleshoot/identify Bluetooth intermittently 'disconnecting'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot/identify Bluetooth intermittently 'disconnecting': Hi allI have a HP AIO All in One desktop that I use for personal work and as a second monitor for my work laptop. I then have a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse and K780 keyboard, both bluetooth, with a connection to each computer.the keyboard and mouse always work consistently...
  6. How to troubleshoot/identify Bluetooth intermittently 'disconnecting'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to troubleshoot/identify Bluetooth intermittently 'disconnecting': Hi allI have a HP AIO All in One desktop that I use for personal work and as a second monitor for my work laptop. I then have a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse and K780 keyboard, both bluetooth, with a connection to each computer.the keyboard and mouse always work consistently...
  7. Bluetooth devices disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth devices disconnect: Windows 10 19041.450 I have two devices connected to desktop PC via bluetooth: Speakers and a keyboard. Motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi and it has built-in BT (Intel Dual Band 802.11AC WiFi / BT 4.2) and I'm using an antenna it was equipped with. During a...
  8. Cannot disconnect broken bluetooth device

Cannot disconnect broken bluetooth device: Recently, my bluetooth mouse broke, so I bought a new one to replace it. When I tried pairing it, it would not show up and the instructions said to remove useless devices and try again. But, in the bluetooth device area in settings, it will not let me click "remove device." I...
  9. Bluetooth not working, devices hidden, troubleshooter reports no bluetooth

Bluetooth not working, devices hidden, troubleshooter reports no bluetooth: I am using a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop which comes with bluetooth. The bluetooth was working up until about a week ago. It disappeared. The switch to turn it on and off in the Bluetooth settings is gone. Devices I had previously used are shown as paired. The laptop is not...
  10. Bluetooth Device Constantly Disconnecting

Bluetooth Device Constantly Disconnecting: My Bluetooth headphones (BeatsX) keep disconnecting from my Surface Laptop 2 whenever they are not in use for 5 seconds, then they immediately reconnect. This is really annoying because my headphones make a ring when they disconnect and reconnect. I have already tried to...