Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSOD crashes

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSOD crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the last few weeks, my PC has begun crashing semi-frequently to various BSOD errors. Crashing would occur most frequently while gaming, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shumbly, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Shumbly Win User

Troubleshooting BSOD crashes

In the last few weeks, my PC has begun crashing semi-frequently to various BSOD errors. Crashing would occur most frequently while gaming, but occasionally occurred during regular use. The PC overall seems less responsive (or more laggy) than it used to be, and in the task manager, I have seen the system interrupts at times taking over 20% of the CPU load.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Upgraded to latest version of all drivers

2) Upgraded to latest Windows versions

3) Checked CPU temp and Disk performance using CoreTemp and CrystalDiskInfo, respectively - no issues

4) Reset Windows (keeping my files)

5) Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics (no issues)

I reviewed the most recent crash dump using BlueScreenView, but don't really know what I'm looking at. The issue 'UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP' is occurring in hal.dll.

I've uploaded the full .dmp file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FmyhSU6rAK6A53vF2LGQbPS3icbDtkVz

I expect I'll have to replace some hardware, but I'm hoping to only replace the faulty piece instead of the entire machine. Can anyone point me in the right direction for further steps to narrow it down?

:)

Shumbly, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 28, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Troubleshooting BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSOD crashes

2. bsod troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod troubleshoot: i'm suffering from blue and black screen quite often and i have not added any new software or hardware. pls helplink for my dmp files, specs and msinfohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1lavs2Ye_l2bKBko5WE5d3GqztMynImCr/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. bsod troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod troubleshoot: i'm suffering from blue and black screen quite often and i have not added any new software or hardware. pls helplink for my dmp files, specs and msinfohttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1lavs2Ye_l2bKBko5WE5d3GqztMynImCr/view?usp=drive_link...
  4. Troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting BSOD: I am trying to figure out what is causing the BSODs I am getting on my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha. NP-730QDA. I've been getting them since I bought it a few years ago. I have talked with Samsung tech support, they have replaced the logic board and I have attempted many...
  5. Troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting BSOD: I am trying to figure out what is causing the BSODs I am getting on my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha. NP-730QDA. I've been getting them since I bought it a few years ago. I have talked with Samsung tech support, they have replaced the logic board and I have attempted many...
  6. Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting

Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting: Before I get into the problem, my specs are as follows: Motherboard: Asus Strix X 570 F CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 usually auto boosting to 4.2ghz. My CPU is also being cooled by a corsair AIO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080 non-oc model and no overclock has been administered on the...
  7. BSOD Troubleshooting

BSOD Troubleshooting: Hi all, wondering if someone can maybe help me troubleshoot this BSOD that I am getting every few days. First, here is a link to my Event Viewer Crash logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1h8dFoXnU_qA3iEnH-7rfwPglq0AOQOmh?usp=sharing For some reason, I do not...
  8. Troubleshooting BSOD

Troubleshooting BSOD: Hello, I have been having random BSODs ever since upgrading to Windows 10 build 2004 a little over a month ago. The specific bug check is 0x133, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've loaded the minidump in BlueScreenView, and it shows the culprit is ntoskrnl.exe. I've attempted...
  9. Troubleshooting BSODs

Troubleshooting BSODs: I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help. The first few BSODs would happen during gaming sessions which resulted in > irql_not_less_or_equal > nvlddmkm.sys. I tried updating video card drivers, then completely...
  10. BSOD Troubleshooting

BSOD Troubleshooting: Hi there, I would like to ask for some help identifying the cause of my frequent BSOD on Windows 10. The BSOD error text is usually one of the following: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL The BSOD mostly occur when gaming (Guild Wars 2) or...