Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on my problem here as I am relatively new to the PC world.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Atomickid, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Atomickid Win User

Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on my problem here as I am relatively new to the PC world.

I just built my very first system:

**CPU** [Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor]

**CPU Cooler** [Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler]

**Motherboard** [MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard]

**Memory** [Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 Memory]

**Storage** [Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]

**Storage** [Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]

**Video Card** [Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card]

**Case** [Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mirror Black ATX Mid Tower Case]

Assembly went well this is the most beautiful case, no question. Installed windows 10 home, no OC yet except enabling XMP profile in BIOS, I just want to get my system working for starters. I am getting an intermittent BSOD with a Machine_Check_Exception. There's no real consistency to when it occurs, sometimes a few minutes after start-up, sometimes the system is stable for a few hours. With each freeze, all my RGB fan leds stop cycling, pump rgb stop cycling, only RAMS stick colours keep going. It seems that this stop code could be related to either software or hardware so I don't really know where to start or how to approach troubleshooting this issue.

I tried installing all the most recent drivers from both Nvidia and MSI homepage, updating windows, same problem. I tried re-imaging windows and not installing any new drivers, same issue.

So far I have run Memtest86, which returned no negative results. I reapplied thermal paste and ran prime95 for a while with no crashes or negative results, temps stable around 76C. DskChk runs without any findings. I don't know how to analyze the minidump files. All that 3rd party apps can tell me is:

On Fri 2020-01-24 11:27:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138F
    Bugcheck code: 0x9C 0x0, 0xFFFFF8027E084B30, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2020-01-24 11:27:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012420-6312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll hal+0x499F1
    Bugcheck code: 0x9C 0x0, 0xFFFFF8027E084B30, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

From what I can gather 0x9C issue is more likely to be caused by hardware, but I have no idea how to identify the culprit. Sorry is that wasn't very concise, I'm in way over my head and any advice would be most welcome. Cheers.

:)

Atomickid, Jan 25, 2020

2. 3D Builder keeps closing

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, refer the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-3d-builder-for-windows#v1h=tab01

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    3d Builder not working

Hi Gabriella,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly happens when you open 3d builder?
    • Do you receive any error message or error code?
    I suggest you to run the Windows 10 app troubleshooter and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also do a Windows Store reset by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

• Type “wsreset.exe” and press enter.
    Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder

3D Builder Crashing After Loading a Model

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, refer the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-3d-builder-for-windows#v1h=tab01

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder

1. Troubleshooting BSOD help for a newbie PC builder - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSOD help

2. BSOD Troubleshoot Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Troubleshoot Help: Hey guys..Been getting this BSOD recently and need some help troubleshooting it.Here's the bugcheck: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8012771d340, 0x0000000000000000I can also provide the dump that was saved.Thank you in advance....
  3. BSOD Troubleshoot Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Troubleshoot Help: Hey guys..Been getting this BSOD recently and need some help troubleshooting it.Here's the bugcheck: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8012771d340, 0x0000000000000000I can also provide the dump that was saved.Thank you in advance....
  4. Help Troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Troubleshooting BSOD: I have a windows 11 homeA couple of weeks ago I started getting BSOD errors, now receiving a blue screen almost every two days. The error messages range from PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREand a couple of others which I can't remember. Before the...
  5. Help Troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Troubleshooting BSOD: I have a windows 11 homeA couple of weeks ago I started getting BSOD errors, now receiving a blue screen almost every two days. The error messages range from PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREand a couple of others which I can't remember. Before the...
  6. Help troubleshooting BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help troubleshooting BSOD: I've been experiencing somewhat frequent blue screens, mem test has come up with nothing and I'm not sure how to read this crashlog here to any help would be appreciated. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsYoxnCMyVnXkia_gtCQ9QCqiOXD https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsYoxnCMyVnXkia_gtCQ9QCqiOXD...
  7. BSOD Troubleshooting Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Troubleshooting Help: Hi There, My computer keeps blue screening with a random stop code each time, and I've tried everything to troubleshoot it. I've run memory tests, verified windows files, updated drivers, reverted drivers, disabled devices etc. I tried to start a chat with tech support but...
  8. BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting

BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting: Hi Microsoft Team, On the past 3 days, I have 3 BSOD. Attached is the minidump & MSINFO of my computer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqAhNMuZyKrSiCyw3z3Bn0Gex3Mz?e=kVkDP1 Regards, Michael...
  9. HELP NEWBIE ALERT

HELP NEWBIE ALERT: I need help. I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate where exactly is the code? And I am really scared that I may have thrown it away. I have kept everything from the box, to what is inside the box....
  10. Help troubleshooting BSOD on windows 10 pc

Help troubleshooting BSOD on windows 10 pc: Hey, so my pc has been blue screening a lot. Biggest three times it happens are when I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition, opening Origin Game Client, or just after entering my pin for log into my pc. (In order of most common to least) My minidumps and MSinfo32 stuff....