Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have just built a new PC for my daughter and I am getting blue screen of death crashes on a fairly regular basis. This is the second PC I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpandexBaldrick, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC

Hi,

I have just built a new PC for my daughter and I am getting blue screen of death crashes on a fairly regular basis. This is the second PC I have built and my last PC built this time last year has never crashed so I think it is not a me as PC builder issue ;-

Hardware checks - I have still gone back and ensured that the RAM is fully seated as is the GPU.

I did a full re-install of windows but I am still getting crashes.... The BSoD reasons always seem to be different.

I have updated all the drivers, windows system updates etc... Can someone talk me through the best way to troubleshoot this please?

I would be happy to wipe the hard drive and start with a fresh install if that is the easiest solution...

Thanks

:)

SpandexBaldrick, Dec 28, 2020
  2. DEN
    den Win User

BSoDS on newly built PC

Since it is my first time, i did not know that there is a vendors approved list. and it is not. is that the reason for my BSODS?

3. Issues Connecting Newly Built PC to Ethernet

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I'm having issues getting my newly built PC connected to the Internet. I have an Ethernet cord plugged into my modem and into my PC but Windows is not detecting a connection. Any help is appreciated.

If this is of any help, my MOBO is an MSI Z97 Gaming 5.

Michaelciv1, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC

Multiple BSOD continues on a newly built PC.

Hi Team,

I continue to get multiple BSOD on a newly built PC. I've installed updated windows and drivers (to my knowledge). I've ran a memory check and shows no issues. I've ran a SFC check with no issues as a result. I would get a BSOD from browsing, typing up a
    doc, or even from not doing anything after a restart.

All the memory and graphics setting are still on their default settings.

I've went ahead and linked the latest memory.dmp, minidump, and msinfo.

I appreciate the help from this community!

memory dmp

SungwhanLee, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC

1. Troubleshooting BSoD issues on newly built PC - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSoD issues

2. Having issues with a crashing newly built pc and getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a crashing newly built pc and getting BSODs: Hello, I am having issues with my system getting bsods. After doing some research and ruling out my sata ssd's, from what I am finding it seems to be a RAM, Driver, or Storage issue. I found the threads on Driver Verifier and the DMPs and went ahead and uploaded them to this...
  3. Having issues with a crashing newly built pc and getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with a crashing newly built pc and getting BSODs: Hello, I am having issues with my system getting bsods. After doing some research and ruling out my sata ssd's, from what I am finding it seems to be a RAM, Driver, or Storage issue. I found the threads on Driver Verifier and the DMPs and went ahead and uploaded them to this...
  4. Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC: I'm getting Some BSOD's intermittently about two weeks after building my computer and I need some help in pinpointing the issue. Uncertain as to the cause, however it blusescreened multiple times during my initial Windows setup, now it seems to happen a couple of times a...
  5. Multiple BSOD continues on a newly built PC.

Multiple BSOD continues on a newly built PC.: Hi Team, I continue to get multiple BSOD on a newly built PC. I've installed updated windows and drivers to my knowledge. I've ran a memory check and shows no issues. I've ran a SFC check with no issues as a result. I would get a BSOD from browsing, typing up a doc, or even...
  6. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  7. Constant BSODs on Newly Built PC

Constant BSODs on Newly Built PC: I just built a new computer the other day. It is my first custom build, so I was very excited to have it done. Everything went well for the first few hours of use, but then I encountered a blue screen. I thought maybe it was just a one-time thing, but over the past few days,...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error, Newly Built PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error, Newly Built PC: Hello all, I just built a Gaming PC and I got a BSOD saying "hal.dll" initially and now it says "ntoskrnl.exe." Specs: Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570 Pro CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series (2 x 16 and 2 x 8, all 4 are in) Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB...
  9. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  10. Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues

Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues: My PC was only built about a week ago, and has many different BSODs throughout the week. I have managed to solve quite a few of them, and currently these are the ones that are still bugging me, mainly ntoskrnl.exe I have tried memtest and windows memory diagnostic tool...