Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having all sorts for BSODs in the past few months. Not a while ago I went deep into finding out the root cause of those. I stress... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielBeilin, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

Hello,

I've been having all sorts for BSODs in the past few months. Not a while ago I went deep into finding out the root cause of those. I stress tested my CPU, GPU, PSU and RAM and found no errors, so I moved on to Windows' verifier.

I ran the tool with all sorts of test, picking out the non MS drivers to test of course. I finally found tests that crash the system but the behave in a weird way.

So the BSOD was amd xata.sys. Problem is, it doesn't load Windows anymore, so I have to go into safe mode and only then can I runverifier /reset. After that Windows loads fine but the issue is that there is not DMP file generated. I can't see the root cause of this issue and I'm not sure why.

What can I do?

:)

DanielBeilin, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 25, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Prior to Driver Troubleshooting

1) Which is post #48?
    Win7 Pro - Persistent "0x8007042B - 0x2000D Win 10 Update Error

There were commands ran in post #3: steps 4 - 7
    How were the settings modified again in post #20
    2) Please comment on post #21

Troubleshooting dump files and running Windows driver verifier will be useful in troubleshooting the BSOD.
    post #14 step #3.

3) Which steps were completed and not completed in post #14 step #12?

4) See post #14 step #4.

zbook, Aug 25, 2020
  4. PaulM Win User

Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

I enabled driver verifier because no dumps were being generated and I expected a driver was the issue. I need a password from IT to uninstall Symantec though, I'll have to see if I can get the password.

PaulM, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier

1. Troubleshooting BSODs with Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSODs Driver

2. BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running Driver Verifier to troubleshoot WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming: I got random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD while gaming after 10 min to 5+ hours with no dump file created. No recent changes were made.Drivers seems up to date and memory/CPU/GPU/powersupply seems fine, according to tests.I tried every fix I found without success, and I used...
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  7. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD with Driver Verifier

BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  9. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...