Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSODs

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help. The first few BSODs would happen during gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeanL19, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DeanL19 Win User

Troubleshooting BSODs

I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help.

The first few BSODs would happen during gaming sessions which resulted in > irql_not_less_or_equal > nvlddmkm.sys. I tried updating video card drivers, then completely removing and updating with no luck. The BSODs then started to happen with general usage and I was getting different stop codes everytime. I resorted to a complete reinstall of windows which hasn't resolved the issue. I'm assuming at this point I have some faulty hardware, however safe mode is BSOD free. I'm not sure how to proceed.

BSODs:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BAD_POOL_HEADER

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

with different files names such as:

nvlddmkm.sys

ataport.sys

k57nd60a.sys

igdkmd64.sys

etc.

Things I've tried:

• sfc /scannow - before and after format, no issues
    • windows memory diagnostic tool - before format, no issues
    • chkdsk - before and after format, no issues.

I ran this from My PC>properties>tools>error checking. I'm unsure if the command prompt method is more thorough?​

• driver verifier (non-microsoft drivers only) - after format, multiple BSODs.

This crashed every time for different drivers even after updating or disabling said drivers.

I've uploaded the last 3 crash dumps to my google drive if this is at all helpful.

Crash dumps

:)

DeanL19, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 11, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD totally random, Critical Process Died and Unexcepted Store Except

If you want to post about a BSOD, use the DM log collector to provide more information.
    With the 0x7A a few parameters are important to know to suggest troubleshooting steps.

4. Troubleshooting BSODs

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshooting BSODs

1. Troubleshooting BSODs - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSODs

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Troubleshooting: Hello I just experienced a BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL from playing a new game called "Anthem". Are you able to tell me what caused the system failure from my crash files? Thank you...
  3. Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail: All troubleshooting steps fail My Surface laptop shut down with a BSOD on start up. It had not been used for two days. No installs, or other Windows changes had been made. (A Windows update may have taken place). The laptop has never had any issues previous to this issue...
  4. BSOD Troubleshooting

BSOD Troubleshooting: Hi there, I would like to ask for some help identifying the cause of my frequent BSOD on Windows 10. The BSOD error text is usually one of the following: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL The BSOD mostly occur when gaming (Guild Wars 2) or...
  5. Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Troubleshooting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD: Hello, I've been trying to troubleshoot a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that occurs very frequently on my PC. It is a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, and there doesn't seem to be any single cause for the error. It's happened: when I open a new window or tab in Firefox if I...
  6. BSOD Frequently and Random,preliminary troubleshooting tried

BSOD Frequently and Random,preliminary troubleshooting tried: Hi all, this is a fun one. Would really appreciate someone's help with more experience than me. Thank you in advance! Symptoms: BSOD randomly, can be doing anything, Chrome, gaming, downloading, doesn't seem to occur if computer is idle. Troubleshooting steps...
  7. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting: Good Morning/Afternoon, First thank you for even reading this. Right to the problem, I recently had to replace my motherboard as it wouldn't even boot on correctly to BIOS. Everything went smoothly with few hiccups, I got it to turn on and go through the initial stuff just...
  8. frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod

frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod: Today I had a frozen display mouse cursor and in the process of troubleshooting I experienced multiple bsod. The preliminary misbehaving software was Speed Fan by whocrashed. The software was uninstalled and reinstalled and when using it with Intel processor diagnostic tool...
  9. Need help troubleshooting intermittent BSODs

Need help troubleshooting intermittent BSODs: Hi all, this is my first post here. I need a little help with some problems I've been having in recent months; intermittent crashes and BSODs, the latest one occurring this afternoon. The problems arise mostly with two fractal art programs that I use. By their nature these...
  10. Run BSOD Error Troubleshooter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run BSOD Error Troubleshooter in Windows 10: Makes me want to create a blue screen in my vm to try it*092 To see what it finds, I mean*Wink 62704