Windows 10: Troubleshooting BSODs

Discus and support Troubleshooting BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help. The first few BSODs would happen during gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeanL19, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DeanL19 Win User

Troubleshooting BSODs

I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help.

The first few BSODs would happen during gaming sessions which resulted in > irql_not_less_or_equal > nvlddmkm.sys. I tried updating video card drivers, then completely removing and updating with no luck. The BSODs then started to happen with general usage and I was getting different stop codes everytime. I resorted to a complete reinstall of windows which hasn't resolved the issue. I'm assuming at this point I have some faulty hardware, however safe mode is BSOD free. I'm not sure how to proceed.

BSODs:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BAD_POOL_HEADER

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

with different files names such as:

nvlddmkm.sys

ataport.sys

k57nd60a.sys

igdkmd64.sys

etc.

Things I've tried:

• sfc /scannow - before and after format, no issues
    • windows memory diagnostic tool - before format, no issues
    • chkdsk - before and after format, no issues.

I ran this from My PC>properties>tools>error checking. I'm unsure if the command prompt method is more thorough?​

• driver verifier (non-microsoft drivers only) - after format, multiple BSODs.

This crashed every time for different drivers even after updating or disabling said drivers.

I've uploaded the last 3 crash dumps to my google drive if this is at all helpful.

Crash dumps

:)

DeanL19, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 11, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD totally random, Critical Process Died and Unexcepted Store Except

If you want to post about a BSOD, use the DM log collector to provide more information.
    With the 0x7A a few parameters are important to know to suggest troubleshooting steps.

4. Troubleshooting BSODs

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshooting BSODs

1. Troubleshooting BSODs - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting BSODs

2. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  3. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting: I have experienced 4 BSOD failures in the last 2 days on a fairly new desktop system only 3 months old. I do not recall any direct driver install lately but did have a Windows update just before the BSOD failures began literally the same reset which completed the update had...
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting: I have experienced 4 BSOD failures in the last 2 days on a fairly new desktop system only 3 months old. I do not recall any direct driver install lately but did have a Windows update just before the BSOD failures began literally the same reset which completed the update had...
  6. BSOD but no minidump file created, how to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD but no minidump file created, how to troubleshoot: BSOD occur while doing intensive tasks, most of the time while video editing. Specifically using Davinci Resolve while working with heavy Fusion effects. I has occurred about 10 times in the past couple of weeks, only of those time was outside video editing and it was while...
  7. BSOD but no minidump file created, how to troubleshoot

BSOD but no minidump file created, how to troubleshoot: BSOD occur while doing intensive tasks, most of the time while video editing. Specifically using Davinci Resolve while working with heavy Fusion effects. I has occurred about 10 times in the past couple of weeks, only of those time was outside video editing and it was while...
  8. Troubleshoot BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot BSOD error: Hi thereFor the last week I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC. I've run the SFC, DISM and CHKDSK commands to no avail. Run a full diagnostic in the BIOS to identify and hardware issues but no fault code generated.I've installed WinDbg which...
  9. Troubleshoot BSOD error

Troubleshoot BSOD error: Hi thereFor the last week I've regularly had varying blue screen error codes while using my PC. I've run the SFC, DISM and CHKDSK commands to no avail. Run a full diagnostic in the BIOS to identify and hardware issues but no fault code generated.I've installed WinDbg which...
  10. Help on troubleshooting a continuous BSOD

Help on troubleshooting a continuous BSOD: I've been finding that my computer will commonly crash to a DPC_Watchdog_Violation, and I don't know what is causing it. I tried looking into the minidump myself but I'm not technology adept enough to understand on what to look for, could I get some help on what is causing...