Windows 10: Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

Discus and support Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Disk errors are one of the most common errors on Windows 10. It is also scary because all our data are on the disk drives, and even with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 10, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

WinClub, Aug 10, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

Accessing Disk Management

Hi Hilary,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the Disk Management on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or some files are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Additionally, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, you
    may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to access the
    Disk Management on your PC.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

1. Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting common Disk

2. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS Microsoft Disk Operating System was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of...
  3. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS Microsoft Disk Operating System was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of...
  4. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk Management Reports in Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management Reports in Error: Curiosity here. (Using Windows 10 version 10.0.19042) In Disk Management (Windows 10) my drives are all reported as NTFS Right clicking each drive, going to Properties, then Volumes, they are reported as GPT I know they are all GPT Just wondering why Win 10's Disk management...
  6. Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 0 Unknown. can not initialized message show in disk management: D: Drive some times appear and some times disappear suddenly' like today it is showing up and can open it easily and sometimes take times to be open and freeze for a while' other day it is not there even in disk management i wont show it up' did run check disk application...
  7. Disk management error.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disk management error.: [ATTACH] While I tried to extend the volume in D drive it pops the error message like this but I don't want to convert the drive to dynamic.. just I want to add the unallocated space to that volume D.....
  8. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message: [ATTACH]My daughter’s laptop has the attached error message showing. She can’t get the error to go away, and is afraid to do the troubleshooting option because she doesn’t want to lose her files and programs. Everything I have looked at says that she can reset it and choose...
  9. Disk Management Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management Error: Hello, My C Drive is full and I have a big empty D Drive so I was trying to merge the two. I shrunk down the D drive to free up a bunch of unallocated space. However, this unallocated space is located on disk 0 and my C drive is on disk 1. So I tried converting the disks to...
  10. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Windows Update troubleshooting error messages: Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair Windows Update Database Corruption . . . . Completed. One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and...