Windows 10: "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting

Discus and support "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think my pc has limited wi-fi connection since I'm only getting 3MB download speed, and my router says it has 60-50MB. I know it's 3x8=24MB. Anyways,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eskilwage, May 21, 2022.

1. Eskilwage Win User

"Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting

I think my pc has limited wi-fi connection since I'm only getting 3MB download speed, and my router says it has 60-50MB. I know it's 3x8=24MB. Anyways, I tried troubleshooting and I got the error "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".This is what my network adapters look like.

:)

Eskilwage, May 21, 2022
  2. BEN
    Ben Win User

How to troubleshoot slow Wi-Fi

I regularly experience slow Wi-Fi on my PC, generally for a few hours every few days. Other devices on the same network are fine. If I try using my phone as a hotspot for the PC (i.e., using cellular data) then I have no problem. I try the easy stuff (power cycling everything, turning all other devices off, rebooting the PC) with usually no effect. I'm looking for advice on how I can better isolate the cause of this problem.

I had this issue for about 12 hours last night / this morning, but now things are back to normal.

My slow PC setup (&lt1Mbps):

But my phone doesn't have the same problem (~11Mbps):

And using my phone as a hotspot works (~15Mbps) so the PC/TP-link dongle seem fine:

Another thing worth mentioning is that I am running Ubuntu Server 16.04 in a VirtualBox on this PC, although that's not new and I have the same problem even if I close the VirtualBox.

As I mentioned, this problem is not happening right now for me. I'm looking for advice to prevent this or more likely troubleshoot this for next time.

• What steps should I take to isolate the problem when it happens next time?
    • Is it possible to troubleshoot this with my budget wifi dongle and router, or is it impossible without spending some cash on upgrading one or both of them?
    • Should I install anything (Windows or linux) to help monitor my network to help troubleshoot this next time? How would I use this?

3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, May 21, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting couldn't identify

2. Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting.: Hello, I am encountering Wi-Fi connectivity issues.I can connect to the internet through my phone using the mobile hotspot functionality, so I can connect to this Wi-Fi network.I am having trouble connecting to my school's Wi-Fi and my home Wi-Fi. Everytime I write down the...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting.: Hello, I am encountering Wi-Fi connectivity issues.I can connect to the internet through my phone using the mobile hotspot functionality, so I can connect to this Wi-Fi network.I am having trouble connecting to my school's Wi-Fi and my home Wi-Fi. Everytime I write down the...
  4. How to fix the troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem: I want to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-troubleshooting-couldnt-identify/039f8932-0094-467c-9fa7-b9eebc499117
  5. How to fix the troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem: I want to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-troubleshooting-couldnt-identify/039f8932-0094-467c-9fa7-b9eebc499117
  6. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Problem: Okay so every time I attempt to connect my jbl Bluetooth speaker to my laptop, it will connect and immediately shut down my computer. It had been working perfectly fine for the longest time and all of a sudden I’m unable to connect the speaker without my laptop shutting down...
  7. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or...: [ATTACH] Any help would be useful, thank you. submitted by /u/OrangeGuy1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wiw0kl/cannot_connect_to_wifi_troubleshooter_says_that/
  8. "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting: I think my pc has limited wi-fi connection since I'm only getting 3MB download speed, and my router says it has 60-50MB. I know it's 3x8=24MB. Anyways, I tried troubleshooting and I got the error "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".This is what my network adapters...
  9. "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" Wi-Fi troubleshooting: I think my pc has limited wi-fi connection since I'm only getting 3MB download speed, and my router says it has 60-50MB. I know it's 3x8=24MB. Anyways, I tried troubleshooting and I got the error "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".This is what my network adapters...
  10. Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem: I inserted a huawei mobile modem into my computer but was not detected then I checked my devices it was displayingSET UP INCOMPLETE. CONNECT TO THE INTERNETNote I've used this modem several times before. I run the troubleshooter I got a "USB COMPOSITE DEVICE HAS ERROR"The...