Windows 10: Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem?

Discus and support Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sugoiasparagus [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sugoiasparagus, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem?

/u/sugoiasparagus, Dec 4, 2019

2. ethernet problems

Hi Alexandrea,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when you try to connect to Ethernet? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to run the Network and Network Adapter Troubleshooters.

An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your PC. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save you time and effort.
    An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save time and effort.

Step 1

Run the Network Troubleshooter

The Network troubleshooter is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems.
    Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys from the keyboard.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Select Network Troubleshooter.
    • Click on “Identify and repair network problems” on the left pane of the window.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let’s also run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Step 2

Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the adapter in the computer for any known issues and provides the details and on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys from the keyboard.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 5, 2019
  4. batsko Win User

Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem?

Ethernet plugged in, not working, troubleshooter detected no hardware

Hello, I am having trouble getting my internet connection to work with an ethernet cord. I have no problem using wifi, but i get disconnected on wifi pretty frequently. I have two ethernet cords in my possession, one of them is new, and neither works. I've tried connecting to the router and the modem.
    I've used used troubleshooter with both wires while plugged into the router and the modem. I've created a connection that has our given username and our password in it.
    I turn off the wifi specifically by clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right of my computer screen. It seems that the ethernet cord is not detected.

Does anyone have any possible next steps for when troubleshooters don't work?

batsko, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem?

1. Troubleshooting Ethernet, how do I fix this problem? - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting Ethernet fix

2. How Do I fix this problem identified by the Update Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I fix this problem identified by the Update Troubleshooter: here is the Trouble Shooter reportWindows UpdatePublisher detailsIssues foundCheck for Windows Update issuesCheck for Windows Update issuesDetects issues related to Windows Update.DetectedResolve Windows Update issuesCompletedService registration is missing or corruptService...
  3. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?: So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and realized I was connected to my Wi-Fi instead of my ethernet connection. I have restarted my router and it didn't fix the issue....
  4. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?: So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and realized I was connected to my Wi-Fi instead of my ethernet connection. I have restarted my router and it didn't fix the issue....
  5. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work: My Ethernet Connection from my Eero 6E powered by Verizon Fios on my Windows 10 Desktop Computer MSI Aegis. It used to work with no issue for a year, but since this morning it has not worked anymore. I can connect to the internet via Wifi with my Computer and other devices as...
  6. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work: My Ethernet Connection from my Eero 6E powered by Verizon Fios on my Windows 10 Desktop Computer MSI Aegis. It used to work with no issue for a year, but since this morning it has not worked anymore. I can connect to the internet via Wifi with my Computer and other devices as...
  7. How to fix Ethernet Connection Issue? Troubleshooting steps do not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I fix two problems the start menu troubleshooter found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix two problems the start menu troubleshooter found?: I ran the start menu troubleshooter and it said there was some errors that couldn't be fixed. How can this be fixed?I tried using the following commands in powershell and it didn't help.Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. How do I fix two problems the start menu troubleshooter found?

How do I fix two problems the start menu troubleshooter found?: I ran the start menu troubleshooter and it said there was some errors that couldn't be fixed. How can this be fixed?I tried using the following commands in powershell and it didn't help.Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. How do I fix two problems the start menu troubleshooter found?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging