Windows 10: Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

Discus and support Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had 'some' help from Microsoft remote logon and 'some' success but it was short lived, so to be realistic networking at home has not worked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blinkyman, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Blinkyman Win User

Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

I have had 'some' help from Microsoft remote logon and 'some' success but it was short lived, so to be realistic networking at home has not worked on Win 10 for me.

Laptop 1 - Win 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909, build 18363.592 with AVG Internet Security

Laptop 2 - Win 10 Home 64-bit Version 1909 " " " " "

Usual - ERROR CODE: 0x080070035

The network path was not found

Network discovery and folder share/advanced share options set to 'everyone' are the same on both computers and they sit only feet apart.

I have tried with AVG protection off and suspect AVG &/or Windows Firewall may be part of the problem too.

Any assistance or advise would be gratefully received

:)

Blinkyman, Jan 23, 2020

2. Laptop Sees Wireless Network but Cannot Connect To It

I have a small ASUS laptop that has recently had issues connecting to the home wifi network. After I type in the wifi password it displays a loading bar and then says Can't Connect to Network. I have tried every fix I could think of: disable/reenable adapter, uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it, rebooting the laptop, rebooting the router, and troubleshooting the adapter. The laptop is running and Windows 10 and does not have an ethernet port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michaelciv1, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

Laptop not connecting to Wifi

Hi Salman,

Do you see the Wi-Fi network on your laptop?

Also let us know what error code or error message do you receive while trying to connect to Wi-Fi?

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if the issue can be fixed.

• In the search box, type
      ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Click ‘Internet Connections
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Network Adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Uninstall and re-install the Network drivers.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapter, right click on device and select
      Uninstall.
    • Download the latest driver from manufacture's website and reinstall.
    I would also suggest you to refer the following Windows 10 Help article which contains various troubleshooting steps to fix network connection issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi

1. Troubleshooting Home network connections in Win 10 between 2 laptops connected to same WiFi - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting Home network

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10

CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10: I recently purchased a new router Linksys AC1900 and set up my home wifi network. I have 12 devices connected, including a Win 10 PC that is appx a year old. All of these devices connected quickly and with no problem. However, I have an older Win 10 PC that was previously...
  6. connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network

connect 2 win 10 deices using the same wifi network: I've read all the different posts on this and followed all the directions. I want to share files between my HP desktop using Win 10 Pro and my Acer laptop using Win 10 home. My problem seems to be 2-fold...or they may be different issues. My PC does not show up in devices on...
  7. Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?: So I would like to make a folder and share it between my laptop and my PC and exchange files through it when they are both connected to the same network. For instance I noticed I can share links in Chrome by highlighting them and clicking send to device where I can choose my...
  8. Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi)

Win 10 - unable to connect to this network (wifi): submitted by /u/Azza0pz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdwtew/win_10_unable_to_connect_to_this_network_wifi/
  9. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  10. Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?

Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?: I'm currently using my cellular data hotspot via my phone and a filtered wifi connection that I'm bypassing with a VPN. The only issue, is that using a VPN on an already slow wifi connection, just completely spikes up my ping in the range of the 200s, making simple tasks like...