Windows 10: Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

Discus and support Troubleshooting home network stability and performance in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My home network has been having intermittent outages for the past couple of weeks. Comcast/Xfinity support says their service has not had any known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rmk9785e, Aug 27, 2020.

1. rmk9785e Win User

Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

My home network has been having intermittent outages for the past couple of weeks. Comcast/Xfinity support says their service has not had any known disruption. My network consists of a Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V DOCSIS 3.1 modem connected to Comcast Cable service feeding an ASUS RT-N66U wireless router with some Windows 10 (build 19041) computers hardwired to its Ethernet ports and some devices (Samsung Smart TV, a MacBook Pro laptop, a few iPhones, a Chromebook, an iPad, and a couple others connected wirelessly. All of these are updated to current firmware/software. A speed test run at various times gives readings between a few KB to 370M download speed, around 11M upload speed and ping in 10ms-99ms range. It has been going down with close to zero readings for download speed quite frequently. I have replaced all Ethernet cables and tightened all the coax connection. Power cycling the modem sometimes brings it back to life. Netgear would only provide no-charge support within the first 3 months of purchase and wants customers to sign-up for support subscription. They said if any lights are working then they have no reason to offer a replacement under warranty. I still have a couple of months of warranty left on the modem. Is there any software/app that would automatically test the bandwidth every 15 minutes to track its performance? These days it is imperative to have as reliable a network as possible. What else can I do to troubleshoot and repair?

:)

rmk9785e, Aug 27, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Aug 27, 2020
  3. HomeGroup sharing stability

Thanks for updating us on the result of recreating the homegroup network. SInce the issue is still occurring, we suggest that you follow the steps below to run the automated homegroup troubleshooter available in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + X to open the quick link menu and from the list of options select
      Control Panel.
    • Once Control Panel is open, select Network and Internet
      from the options provided.
    • Under Network and Internet select the option HomeGroup and then on the lower portion look for the option labeled " Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter".
    The automated troubleshooter will detect errors within the homegroup and attempt to automatically correct any error that can cause the homegroup network to not function as intended.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

Windows 10 troubleshooting

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur if some of the startup setting got corrupted and Network driver is outdated.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform StartUp repair.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Step 2: Update network adapters.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting home network stability and performance

1. Troubleshooting home network stability and performance - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting home network

2. network stability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network stability: I followed all the instructions to get network connected but it keeps getting disconnect. I called my ISP and they already figure out what is wrong with their end. I have a Dell desktop and wired connected. I cant accept the fact if it is my physical wire is the problem....
  3. network stability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network stability: I followed all the instructions to get network connected but it keeps getting disconnect. I called my ISP and they already figure out what is wrong with their end. I have a Dell desktop and wired connected. I cant accept the fact if it is my physical wire is the problem....
  4. network stability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Troubleshooter: [ATTACH]Can anyone help why is coming up constantly and how do I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-troubleshooter/22b4e00d-95ff-443d-8be7-17b3abc745f3
  6. Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 performance, stability & system corruption issues: Hi, Hopefully the topic header is correctly described ^^" I'm facing an issue currently which involves different .dll files latest one being gdi32full.dll..sorry don't remember the rest as there's a different one each time, popping up at different times: e.g. trying to...
  7. Stability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability: What is the most stable version of Windows 10 to run without any problems?! It's overwhelming that the latest version has problems such as slow boot time and suspending processes automatically without the possibility to resume it. I'm running on 20H2....
  8. FPS Stability

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS Stability: Hi! I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and installed all the drivers I need to play games. My games are running at a high fps and are very stable, but my frames in Fortnite aren't that stable as they used to be after reinstalling the Windows and sometimes graphics would...
  9. Troubleshooting network credentials

Troubleshooting network credentials: Hello, thanks in advance for your assistance. I'm sharing a Windows 10 PC with a Windows 7 PC. I'm trying to map a drive to the Windows 10 PC on the Windows 7 PC. I've configured with Windows 10 PC with file sharing enabled and given read/write access to everyone....
  10. Stabilize the network connection

Stabilize the network connection: I have a network to connect my computers but sometimes this connection is successful, sometimes not. But I can always ping this computer. Updating Ethernet card drivers didn’t help...