Windows 10: Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...

Discus and support Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hope this is the right spot to post this. If not some help direction would be appreciated. Here is a quick introduction to my setup and problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fromeister, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...

I hope this is the right spot to post this. If not some help direction would be appreciated. Here is a quick introduction to my setup and problem:

1. Running Windows 10 Pro (physical machine) with a network share configured on a Drive Bender hard drive (5 pooled discs)
    2. The physical Windows 10 computer has hyper-v enabled and running an additional Windows 10 VM
    3. The two computers are connected using a virtual external network switch
    4. I can connect to the physical computer from the VM using both UNC and mapped drive
    5. I run a torrent client on the VM
    6. I get intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation" when writing to share
    7. I can start the torrent again and it will work for a seemingly random amount of time (sometimes completing and other times failing stop with the same error code)

I have tried looking in both the physical and VM event viewers and don't see the error anywhere so I may be looking to the wrong spot. Not sure what else to look for at this point.

submitted by /u/fromeister
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fromeister, Jan 5, 2021

2. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

We have a couple of work stations that cannot map to a local file storage server. Most other computers have no problems.

Getting the error:

"The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:

The specified server cannot perform the requested operation."

These same computers that cannot map to this drive have not problems reaching network printers, etc. Just seems to be this one server.

We've tried everything we know to do. How do we fix this?

CharlesHicks1, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    wifi intermittent connection

Hi,

Your concern about the Internet connection in the specified applications can be due to the changes in their configuration. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The error messages that you're getting when you experience your concern.
    • If you've added proxy settings on the specified applications.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the specified applications to isolate software related issues. To uninstall an app, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this

link
    . Select Remove in Settings in the drop-down menu to show the steps that you need to perform. To reinstall them, use another browser to download the installer for the specified applications.

In addition, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    to find and fix network connection issues in Windows 10. Performing this will isolate and fix connection issues related to the operating system.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested Operation

In working through the triage tree to fix a windows update error, I got the dreaded "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" while attempting sfc/scannow.

I've tried every single one of the fixes I can find to this error, safe mode, fixing permissions etc. According to the triage tree I am following, the next step is reinstall the OS.

Is that true, a reinstall my only option? Are there any good tools to preserve all the user data and programs on the corrupted Windows 7 Machine.

This machine is part of a Server 2012 domain if that is relevant.

MSPrdctUser, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"...

1. Troubleshooting intermittent "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"... - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting intermittent specified

2. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  3. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  4. "Bad Request You have performed an illegal operation that made server reject your request."...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Bad Request You have performed an illegal operation that made server reject your request."...: I got error on one website when I was opening many tabs quickly. Error's name is - "Bad Request You have performed an illegal operation that made server reject your request."I thought it's temporally block but it;s already 48 hours passed and its still the same. I tried to...
  5. Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...: Hi all,I have recently got a token key from HyperSecu ePass2003 and every time I try to use the certificate, Windows throws an error "Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different Smart Card" Has anyone encountered this before and...
  6. Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different...: Hi all,I have recently got a token key from HyperSecu ePass2003 and every time I try to use the certificate, Windows throws an error "Smart Card Cannot Perform The Requested Operation or the Operation Requires a Different Smart Card" Has anyone encountered this before and...
  7. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: [ATTACH]When you try to use a smart card to authenticate to Windows, you might receive error messages such as The smart card cannot perform the […] This article The smart card cannot perform the requested operation first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resource protection cannot perform the requested operation: The problem stems from me trying to update to 1909. It kept failing at 40% and restarting. I then started getting blue screen errors. I rolled back the update to 1803 and have not been able to get further. Dskcheck and dism have been completed no problem. Thes sfc...
  9. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.: We have a couple of work stations that cannot map to a local file storage server. Most other computers have no problems. Getting the error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred: The specified server cannot perform the...
  10. SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation: Long story short, I had some problems with my computer slowly starting to be unable to open certain programs (Steam,Battle.Net Launcher,Certain internet sites) and so I put a ticket into chrome and blizzard. Blizzard had the best response and it ended with them telling me,...