Windows 10: Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

Discus and support Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to apply a cumulative KBs spanning from November 2019 to this month on Windows 10 1909. The machine is offline so I have to download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ekendahl1, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

I am trying to apply a cumulative KBs spanning from November 2019 to this month on Windows 10 1909. The machine is offline so I have to download the KBs onto a disk and then apply them to the machine. Every KB I attempts to apply says not applicable and I have verified they are the correct version for my system. I have been troubleshooting for about 2 weeks now. I am also relatively new to this job. Any help would be great.

I have tried the following:

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-update-could-not-be-installed-because-of-error-2149842967/#:~:text=What%20Causes%20the%20%E2%80%9CWindows%20Update,be%20suitable%20for%20your%20computer.

Solution 3

On step 5 I receive “could not find C:\ProgramData\application data\microsoft\network\downloader\qmgr*.dat”

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/repair-a-windows-image

ran dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows

Error 2

unable to access image

Maybe someone can help me with DISM. I have my installation flash drive in the computer.

sfc shows there are corrupt files

Event viewer gives error 2149842967 (0x80240017)

submitted by /u/Ekendahl1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ekendahl1, Sep 14, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 14, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

1. Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting KBs Applicable

2. lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application: When I launch a phone call with Teams, the result is that the application goes closing. I tried on an other desktop with the same profile, and the application run perfectly....
  3. lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application: When I launch a phone call with Teams, the result is that the application goes closing. I tried on an other desktop with the same profile, and the application run perfectly....
  4. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS Microsoft Disk Operating System was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of...
  5. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS Microsoft Disk Operating System was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of...
  6. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Application Called by Troubleshooter button in windows ?: I was trying to troubleshoot a microphone problem in Windows 10. I pushed the troubleshoot button and I received a radio selection of apps that "troubleshooter would call which was weird. I selected a windows one which clearly was wrong. Now when I select troubleshooter it...
  8. New Windows updates patch older KBs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows updates patch older KBs?: I ran a vulnerability scan and the results show some hosts had a lot missing patches from several years ago. They are now getting patched monthly and have for the last year. So if those older patches didn't get applied, do the new ones fix those vulnerabilities or do I still...
  9. Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS: Hello everybody, I have recently faced some problems trying to start a game from steam Age of Empires 2 DE but the game keeps crahsing on start. I tried doing some troubleshooting and some people told me to use the minidump file to know what is the problem. However I don't...
  10. Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?: I was wondering if this is possible, like when you integrate SP2 in a iso with windows xp sp1. Afaik I should integrate the "big one" and a patch that came yesterday, right? Could you point me to the kb articles, Im a bit lost and I dont know exactly which they are. Thanks...